1000 cal & no weight lose

Options

Replies

• jayenomics
    jayenomics Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    How much do I need 2 eat??? I have a sit down all day job & when I get home I cook dinner for my kid then do laundry then chill for a bit & go speed walking, still isn't helping

You need to eat 5-6 small meals (300 calories or so) a day. On average at least. Some meals I eat are 500-600, others are 150 (snacks)

Number of meals per day/meal timing is insignificant and has no impact on weight loss

Oh yeah, the fact that it's been proven to help increase weight loss has no impact. You eat more small meals, your metabolism does not stop. But hey what do I know.
  • Bumbeen
    Bumbeen Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I am astounded that this forum is so quick to link to Lyle and Alan for diet advice but then when it comes to this arbitrary calorie limit of 1200 calories common sense is thrown out the window.

I cannot seriously believe that anyone here thinks eating 1000 calories is going to make you stop losing fat.

Bumbeen, you are a young male of 28 years old who has a goal of just over 900 calories. That is not a good situation to be in or to offer advice to someone that wants to lose weight in a healthy fashion?

My deadlift and bench press have been going up over the past two weeks, I am not losing muscle, the scale is going down and inches are leaving my waist. But if I were to believe the posters here, that should be impossible. Either I am magical, or they are wrong, I'm going to go with the latter.
  • jayenomics
    Options
    lol bro. You ate 3000+ calories yesterday, eating an entire pizza...sooooo yeah. You're just a troll.
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    How much do I need 2 eat??? I have a sit down all day job & when I get home I cook dinner for my kid then do laundry then chill for a bit & go speed walking, still isn't helping

You need to eat 5-6 small meals (300 calories or so) a day. On average at least. Some meals I eat are 500-600, others are 150 (snacks)

Number of meals per day/meal timing is insignificant and has no impact on weight loss

Oh yeah, the fact that it's been proven to help increase weight loss has no impact. You eat more small meals, your metabolism does not stop. But hey what do I know.

Proven to be false - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/820577-meal-frequency-rev-up-that-furnace-lol
  • Bumbeen
    Options
    lol bro. You ate 3000+ calories yesterday, eating an entire pizza...sooooo yeah. You're just a troll.

Bumps thyroid hormone back up, I do it every week or so when my hands and feet start being cold all the time.
  • jayenomics
    Options

Proven to be false - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/820577-meal-frequency-rev-up-that-furnace-lol

Proven to be false?

A post on MFP linking to 4 people's opinions is not proof. When I see a study of THOUSANDS of people maybe I'll take your word for it. Until then, I'll keep dropping weight like an animal and eat my 5-6 meals a day.
  • jayenomics
    Options

Bumps thyroid hormone back up, I do it every week or so when my hands and feet start being cold all the time.

And you know why your being cold all the time correct?

Oh wait you're just trolling, so no you don't.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options

Dude, if eating 3000 calories here and there bumps your thyroid up, I wouldn't be fat.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options

Seriously, I have a son your age, and I would be really concerned if he was eating so little and so sporadic...I don`t mean to pick on you bumbeen I just think as a young man you should be eating a little more to go with the exercise you are putting in...hope you get there soon x
  • jmcreynolds91
    jmcreynolds91 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    eat more like everyone else is saying! i eat 1600-1800 a day and loose every week! your starving yourself.
  • Bumbeen
    Options

And you know why your being cold all the time correct?

Oh wait you're just trolling, so no you don't.

Not trolling. I'm following Lyle McDonald's RFL. Go tell him he doesn't know what he's talking about I'm sure he will be happy to see the research you have to present.
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options

Proven to be false?

A post on MFP linking to 4 people's opinions is not proof. When I see a study of THOUSANDS of people maybe I'll take your word for it. Until then, I'll keep dropping weight like an animal and eat my 5-6 meals a day.

You are losing weight because you are eating at a defict, meal frequency has nothing to do with it.

And if that is what suits you, then great, Meal timing is just a personal preference.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options

Proven where? I guess the fact that I've lost 82lbs eating only 3 meals a day regardless of the timing means nothing ? Oh,ok. Have a seat bro
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    what foods do I eat,, Cause everytime I eat my family has something so negative to say to me Like THATS NOT HELPING YOU or YOu need to get that Butt & Belly gone.

Um, you tell them to STFU and mind their own damn business. You need to be doing this for YOU, not them.

1,000 calories is simply not enough for anyone. You need to be eating enough to fuel your body. Try to eat 80% clean foods (fruit, veggies, lean meats, nuts, oils, protein) and save 20% for small splurges, No need to cut out anything or deprive yourself. You need to be able to eat better for LIFE, not just for now. Also, this is NOT a race. It's a marathon., You didn't gain overnight, you will not lose overnight.

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • jayenomics
    Options

Proven to be false?

You are losing weight because you are eating at a defict, meal frequency has nothing to do with it.

And if that is what suits you, then great, Meal timing is just a personal preference.

I could eat 1000 calories and not lose weight because...my metabolism wouldn't be doing anything. I eat 1800-2200 calories, eat 5-6 meals a day, and work out 5-6 times a week. This is why I lose weight.
  • Bumbeen
    Options

Dude, if eating 3000 calories here and there bumps your thyroid up, I wouldn't be fat.

3000 isn't even enough to make me gain weight. I have to eat a minimum of 3500 daily average to make the scale move. And it bumps my thyroid back up to normal, eating very low calorie starts to muck up several hormone levels dealing with metabolism and appetite. The lower your bf% the more quickly they get screwed up and the more difficult it is to normalize them.

I'm currently around 15%, when I get down into the 13% range I have to spend a day or two eating high carbohydrate to bring t3 and t4 back up to normal levels about every two weeks.
  • jayenomics
    Options

Proven where? I guess the fact that I've lost 82lbs eating only 3 meals a day regardless of the timing means nothing ? Oh,ok. Have a seat bro

Fat people lose weight when they stop eating a ton. That doesn't mean you're doing it right. When you want to get fit, do some research and you'll see. Fitness models/trainers/people with six packs aren't eating 3 meals a day.
  • jayenomics
    Options

3000 isn't even enough to make me gain weight. I have to eat a minimum of 3500 daily average to make the scale move. And it bumps my thyroid back up to normal, eating very low calorie starts to muck up several hormone levels dealing with metabolism and appetite. The lower your bf% the more quickly they get screwed up and the more difficult it is to normalize them.

I'm currently around 15%, when I get down into the 13% range I have to spend a day or two eating high carbohydrate to bring t3 and t4 back up to normal levels about every two weeks.

so basically, you're admitting your diet plan is flawed, causing quite possibly, severe harm to your long term health.

Gotcha.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    to answer your question about how much you should eat
    do some research
  • Bumbeen
    Options

Proven to be false?

I could eat 1000 calories and not lose weight because...my metabolism wouldn't be doing anything. I eat 1800-2200 calories, eat 5-6 meals a day, and work out 5-6 times a week. This is why I lose weight.

And that's why people that go on fasts don't lose any fat right? Cause their metabolism completely shuts down. If you weren't burning any calories you would be dead.