Sweet tooth!

Options
I have a hard time staying away from all and any types of sweets! Any suggestions? AND I'm a stress eater AND I get when I'm bored.........

Replies

• astylla
    astylla Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I am the same way..it's rough isn't it ? I have found Skinny Cow Heavenly crisp bars are a wonderful alternative to the full fledged candy bar route. At about 110 calories per bar they are sweet and light but just enough to take the edge off. They have a variety pack at Costco I highly recommend. I also enjoy nutella with strawberries and bananas. Yogurt covered raisins are one of my favorite snacking foods too. And my new addiction are Quaker "popped" rice cakes. Only about 110 calories for 13 snack size cakes and 1g fat. Hope this helps !
  • feefee9
    feefee9 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Join the crowd...I have the same problem...just try to count my calories daily is the only thing that seems to be working for me...plus I upped my protein intake and that helps a bit...
  • JENNY7634
    JENNY7634 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    No Pudge brownie mix.....just mix it with plain nonfat greek yogurt and bake. Takes care of the sweet tooth!
  • Missjuly7
    Missjuly7 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Oh me too! I'm using berries, fruit and yogurt to satisfy my sweet cravings. Lots of herbal tea in the evenings which is when I usually want to raid the cupboards for sweet stuff. Licorice spice tea is also quite sweet and zero cal.
  • jemhologram
    Options
    Me too! ! I love sweet foods, eat when i'm bored, stressed or any other reason lol. I can't cut them out completely but have learnt to cut down and i'm finding i'm not craving them as much.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Special K Chocolate Crisps, 1 tbsp of light Kraft PB = 180 calories and it's SOOO good :smile:
  • RobynMcGregor
    Options
    Squeeze juice of half a lemon into your water bottle and sip on that when you get a sugar craving, Strangely enough if you get the ratio correct the lemon juice tastes sweet!!!!

I find the more I eat sweet treats the more I crave them so for me it is a case of suffer and avoid /deny for a few days and then the cravings have gone until for whatever reason I eat something sugary again, Hummus on crackers with a slice of tomato or cucumber on top is another favourite here.
  • burghohenzollern
    Options
    What are the exact ratio of that mix?
  • axo4ever
    Options
    Me too! It's especially hard to resist all the delicious looking desserts when you're in a buffet-style dining hall and there are A LOT of desserts you can choose from. Trying to fight that little voice in my head that's saying "Oh, go on, have 5 slices of cake"
  • foxymama73
    foxymama73 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I am a chocoholic....I have gotten better about rationing it out, but I still love it. I also like trail mix, dried fruit, raw fruit, caramel rice cakes, I could go on, but you and I don't have the time!!...lol...I try to go to sleep before the cravings get really bad. I have found that the later I stay up, the worse my appetite gets.:smile:
  • SoySalva
    SoySalva Posts: 138
    Options
    My vice is chocolate and Nips Candy is my daily fix.....since its a hard candy with a chocolate center it lasts in the mouth until the craving subsides.....at 30 cals a pop I can't go wrong!
  • pjenny0119
    Options
    Thanks!
  • krusty200229
    krusty200229 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow stress eater. I have managed to stress eat myself into almost double what I was. OK- 3/4 plus. Divorces are a *****. What I used to do is listen to music- get out and walk and just forget and sink into the music. Don't stay where the food is. And don't get the sweets to begin with- if that is your downfall. I have made so many excuses for myself in this regard. Saying it's for my daughter that I bring it in.. but I end up eating. Good luck!!:smile:
  • trishwitch
    Options
    try quaker granola bars- the 25% less sugar chocolate peanut butter flavor, only 90 or 100 calories each but tasty!
  • lisavirani
    lisavirani Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I have pinned a TON of recipes on Pinterest that you can look through. Everything on this board is a better-for-you option than your typical desserts. I love to cook and bake though... if you don't then you might not find this helpful. But, here's what I have collected through this journey :) Good luck!

http://pinterest.com/goeke8/a-better-me-desserts/
  • EvilPoser
    EvilPoser Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I found these Fiber One brownies that are really good and only 90 cals. Also, I love fruit snacks. Target has a Market Pantry brand of fruit snacks that's only 80 cals per pouch. I'm fairly new to this lifestyle so I'm still in the process of going through the food section at the Target I work at and finding things that are good for me and taste good.
  • autumnsnow786
    autumnsnow786 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    some of the fiber one bars are great. i love the chocolate peanut butter bar. and of course fruits in general.
  • Maybee77
    Options
    When a sweet craving hits me, and believe me they do, I have a fiber one snack bar. I also like the special k bars. Only 90 calories in each of these. Don't deprive yourself, im learning to try to make healthier choices
  • animelose2012
    Options
    skinny cow also makes a line of ice cream bars and ice cream sandwiches. when i have a sweet toot i try to make little singe serving bags of candy ( like from a really big bag.) but if i take a banana a freeze it it is almost like ice cream. the fruit route works but nothing beats a chocolate bar from Hershey. also a few pieces of really dark chocolate also work for me. the bitter the better.