Good treadmills?

Options
I want to purchase a treadmill so I can exercise inside on cold, rainy days. What are some good treadmills in affordable price range.

Replies

• __RANDY__
    __RANDY__ Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    i have no idea
  • bearwith
    bearwith Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I picked up a free Carl LEwis one from someone who did not use it, I would say not to spend too much on it. Make sure it gives you time, calories, distance and that is all you need.
  • OspreyVista
    OspreyVista Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    You can find a used one on CL for pretty cheap. That's where I got the one I used to have. I don't ever run, and I don't like going out to the garage where it is freezing, so I sold it.
  • determinedt0l0se
    Options
    I know alot of people like the reebok treadmills .. not sure if they are reasonable priced .. but if you want a good treadmill that will last .. I think it is best to save up for a nice one.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    Honestly from everything i have looked into, good treadmills cost money, and the rest are yard sale junk. I spent $1400 on one 8 years ago and it still works great, its a nordictrack viewmaster or somthing like that.
  • SwimSoccerTaxi
    SwimSoccerTaxi Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    l've had a treadmill for a few years and it is amazing. Did LOTS of research and ended up purchasing an AFG Treadmill. SOLE Treadmills are good as well but stability wise AFG was the best. They come in a variety of price ranges but if you're going to make the investment I would encourage you to get a good one!

Good luck....it is a great tool to add to the exercise regime, everyone in my family uses it....including my 3 dogs!
  • chl823
    chl823 Posts: 48
    Options
    I don't mine spending the money if it is worth it, so many out there. Just don't want to buy one that doesn't hold up. Biking now but what to change to walking and biking. Work to late to go for long walk so think treadmill would change in up.
  • quill16
    quill16 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Usually you get what you pay for. u really need one that has a good power motor so it doesn't burn up. Then you want to make sure it has speed, distance and incline adjustable, usually they have a heart rate moniter, but you could do without if you have an HRM of your own . You want to try it in the store to make sure the tread fits your stride comfortably. The extra bells and whistles include various programs ,ipod connectors and other electronics. IMO these are totally unnecessary. I run 7 miles at least 5 days a week for on a treadmill at the gym.I have a treadmill at home that I use occassionally (Sears Proform), but prefer the gym as it is better quality than mine. Looking for a used one is a good idea, especially if you know who owned it and they just want to get rid of it. I think new you would be looking in at least the $500 dollar range.
  • Michburrow
    Michburrow Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have a nordic track T5.7 and find it fantastic. Its actually way sturdier than my local recreational centre treadmill. Great built in workouts too.
  • ladyrider55
    ladyrider55 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I borrowed a Treadmill from my parents & it's a Weslo Cadence 200 CS $200 or so. It's great to use this winter!! :happy: :love:
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    define "affordable"
  • mikeatunion
    Options
    Do your own research for sure. There are many factors.

Buy one with a larger motor. I went the enconomy route. It worked fine for my wife, but with me on it it studdered. I finally found a display model which was bigger both physically and in motor size. Retail on it was 1100. Famliy wide it gets about 25 miles a week and has been great.

Mine is an Epic view 550.
  • chl823
    chl823 Posts: 48
    Options
    Price range 400 up to 800
  • Carlton_Banks
    Carlton_Banks Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    I have a True Fitness PS300. It is good, but may not be considered affordable for people who do not run regularly. For a few hundred dollars cheaper I may have been just as happy with the PS100 model. I got a good one because I weigh 200 pounds and I run quite a bit at a fairly fast pace. If I was just going to use it for walking, I think a treadmill half as expensive would be just as good for that purpose. I found the treadmilldoctor.com web site good for doing research on quality treadmills in all price ranges.