ANYONE ELSE ADDICTED TO CHEESE?

Options
124»

Replies

• yourenotmine
    yourenotmine Posts: 645 Member
    Options

I was going straight for the scare tactic. Cheap but sometimes effective.

LOL! Fair enough. :)
  • yourenotmine
    Options

If part of your motivation for being vegetarian is animal welfare, then you may wish to review your consumption of diary including non-animal-based-rennet cheese. There is a dark side to the diary industry that involves the disposal of the unwanted by-product of male calves, that, in this country, get sent to the slaughterhouse to be processed as veal. And I imagine its the same in the US and other western countries.

I appreciate your putting that kindly. I am well aware of this, and other practices of the dairy industry, but thank you for the information.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    I love cheese and I would way rather never eat a chip, a fry, or a dessert again (none of which is necessary) than give up cheese. You would have to pry my cheese from my cold, dead hands.
  • yourenotmine
    Options

So this might take some getting used to...but can you use other kinds of fat to flavor food? Like petso on pasta instead of grated cheese? And sliced avocado in salads in place of cheese? Hummus as a sandwich spread? Might give you some of the richness and flavor you crave without the problems you are describing.

Just fyi, pesto has cheese in it, unless you're buying a vegan variety. Not sure if that amt would cause you problems, but it's there.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted to Colby Jack and Muenster cheeses.
  • EmilyStobs
    Options
    Sorry but I am addicted to CHOCOLATE! <333
  • MissMdM
    MissMdM Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Oh god I love cheese. It was so bad when I binged on it. The good stuff. Triple cream Brie. Blue cheese. The works. I eat a small amount a day so I don't binge. It works for me
  • spamantha57
    spamantha57 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    ^ Oh yes... Triple cream brie... SO GOOD! They used to have a apple smoked garlic cheddar at Trader Joes that I loved... I think my stomach just woke up haha
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    This is how I see myself when it comes to cheese

290378a4a6eecf247a5dc986f3a6cb24-merka-lady-consumes-entire-block-of-cheese.jpg