Not Loosing weight...but see difference

Options
2»

Replies

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    I know that this question has been asked many many times but I rather just get it straight and now...

What is the point to exercise if I have to eat back all my exercise calories to maintain the functions of my body?

I go to the gym to burn the fat I already have attached to my body.
    Read this article, hopefully it will explain it better:

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/why-big-caloric-deficits-and-lots-of-activity-can-hurt-fat-loss.html
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I know that this question has been asked many many times but I rather just get it straight and now...

What is the point to exercise if I have to eat back all my exercise calories to maintain the functions of my body?

I go to the gym to burn the fat I already have attached to my body.
    Read this article, hopefully it will explain it better:

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/why-big-caloric-deficits-and-lots-of-activity-can-hurt-fat-loss.html

lolz - I was just about to post that link.

Also, you have lost 10lb and only started last month. Plus, why are you so bothered about the lbs if you are dropping inches?
  • NaomiHooley
    Options
    I would recommend watching "Hungry for Change".. Not all calories are created equal.
    Store bought, processed foods, sugar free foods, are keeping our bodies from dropping fat.
    The more veggies and fruits you can add to your diet, you will see weight loss, and you can eat more because they do not add up as fast.
    Maybe a veggie fruit smoothie to start your day, add a salad somewhere, cauliflower is very filling without hardly any caloric consequences..
    :) Good luck!
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    It's hormonal backfire from exercising that much and having that big of a calorie deficit.

However, I HIGHLY doubt that you're sustaining a 1000 cal burn for 4 hours. That's just on the cusp of impossible- and I would say totally impossible on a low calorie diet and a regular basis. Even if you're going through almost the same motions everyday, you will have slowed down by now, and modified the activity subconsciously to conserve calories. I *might* believe that number if you were a professional athlete on a diet that supports it and with years of training, but not for an overweight person, new to exercise, on a reduced calorie diet with a very big deficit.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    I would recommend watching "Hungry for Change".. Not all calories are created equal.
    Store bought, processed foods, sugar free foods, are keeping our bodies from dropping fat.
    The more veggies and fruits you can add to your diet, you will see weight loss, and you can eat more because they do not add up as fast.
    Maybe a veggie fruit smoothie to start your day, add a salad somewhere, cauliflower is very filling without hardly any caloric consequences..
    :) Good luck!

My store bought, processed food is not keeping my body from dropping fat. My caloric deficit is doing a good job of helping me lose weight.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I am going on my scale every week but I don't see a difference. It will stay in the 250s range.

I know that I am loosing inches because I can feel it in my shirt and pants.

I eat around 1600-2000 a day... I exercise between 3-4 hours a day which is roughly 1000 calories per hour.

Can anyone suggest something to get me to start dropping lbs along with the inches.

As has been stated already, this is virtually impossible. So either:

A. You're eating back too many calories
    B. You're not eating back any calories and seriously over training.

Either way, I'd look to solve this part of equation before moving forward. Even though you likely have other issues to fix, this is the wave that will sneak up behind you and sink your ship
  • MoreBean13
    Options
    This was for today:

Elliptical Trainer 65 1128
    Elliptical Trainer 65 1075
    Stair-treadmill ergometer, general 65 1065
    I would check that the HRM is calibrated properly to your VO2max. That setting is critically important in getting a reasonable estimate for a calorie burn from an HRM.
  • MeanLiftsSpy
    MeanLiftsSpy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Guys I do >1000 cal per hour light exercise.

Bisk walk 1hr 1000 cals.
    Jog 1hr >1000 cals
    Bike <1000 cals
    Swim <1000 cals
    Weight training 700cals

all off a strap hrt

He's just bigger than you or carrying weight, backpack, rucksack, weightedvest etc. jahhh..
    or trolol

I am going on my scale every week but I don't see a difference. It will stay in the 250s range.

I eat around 1600-2000 a day... I exercise between 3-4 hours a day which is roughly 1000 calories per hour.

Can anyone suggest something to get me to start dropping lbs along with the inches.

Either way, I'd look to solve this part of equation before moving forward. Even though you likely have other issues to fix, this is the wave that will sneak up behind you and sink your ship
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

Bisk walk 1hr 1000 cals.
    Jog 1hr >1000 cals
    Bike <1000 cals
    Swim <1000 cals
    Weight training 700cals

all off a strap hrt

He's just bigger than you or carrying weight, backpack, rucksack, weightedvest etc. jahhh..
    or trolol

I would check yours also. And HRMs are not accurate at all for weight lifting.
  • MoreBean13
    Options

Bisk walk 1hr 1000 cals.
    Jog 1hr >1000 cals
    Bike <1000 cals
    Swim <1000 cals
    Weight training 700cals

all off a strap hrt

or trolol

Agreed.

And just for clarity, I believe it's possible to burn 1000 cals an hour for a bigger person. The issue is doing it 3-4 hrs a day with a total calorie intake less than 2k on a regular basis, day after day. A one-off is quite different.
  • MeanLiftsSpy
    Options
    Okay that's fine. Minus the hrts for weight training (not lifting - i don't do that Olympic sport.)

These are normal for muscular or heavy physiques btw,

Bisk walk 1hr 1000 cals.
    Jog 1hr >1000 cals
    Bike <1000 cals
    Swim <1000 cals
    Weight training 700cals

all off a strap hrt

or trolol

Agreed.

And just for clarity, I believe it's possible to burn 1000 cals an hour for a bigger person. The issue is doing it 3-4 hrs a day with a total calorie intake less than 2k on a regular basis, day after day. A one-off is quite different.
  • MeanLiftsSpy
    Options
    Yeah okay,

A Brisk morning walk 530-7AM cool morning air - 1hr,
    Midday walk/aerobic/anaerobic/weighted/cross training 30-40mins + 20-30 Brisk walk
    An Evening brisk walk.

Some icebaths, stretching, yoga lots of electrolytes & even meditation.

I did this routine for years coming down from 48"'s to 32" waist.
    It was piece of cake.

• buildingdreams
    buildingdreams Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    who has 3-4 hrs a day to work out, unless your a paid athlete