Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Am I the only one who finds counting calories fun?

I don't know why, but I find it oddly satisfying. I find it interesting to look up the ingredients that I eat and their caloric estimate. To me, its almost like a game. Also I find that my new diet in general is much more fun, as I have to think up new ways to use ingredients that I traditionally found 'boring' ...

Who else is like this? Or do you all get tired of the counting? ._.

Replies

• TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    I have an analytical mind so I like the self-experimentation aspect of it all.

I hope that one day I won't need to do it though, it ain't natural ...
  • I have an analytical mind as well!! Maybe that's why ... Maybe I just like seeing numbers :p ... But every day is an adventure for me.

Sometimes an analytical mind can be bad though...
  • I like it. It helps me calibrate my fullness cues. That's a good thing.
  • Emmadsc
    Emmadsc Posts: 12 Member
    I seem to have gone over board on logging my calories, calculating total cals in recipes, thinking up new recipes & tracking weight & measurement changes, mainly to keep my mind off eating!!! Sad to admit it but I now have a spreadsheet full of graphs & meal plans, geeky but true, but it's working!!
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    It's kind of like a fun puzzle to me. I like it :).
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Nope, I love it too. I spend lots of time playing with different foods trying to get calories and macro's to as near as possible. If I get any of the number to a '0' I feel so elated.
  • flynnfinn
    flynnfinn Posts: 209 Member
    keeps me busy and out of the kitchen where temptation lies waiting for me! it's is also mind-boggingly interesting knowing the composition of the food i eat. and i also like to spit out food facts to people as they eat to make them think twice...i know this is mean but at the same time, i am tired of hearing people around me complain that they want to lose weight but don't know how blah blah blah.
  • Catlady87
    Catlady87 Posts: 302 Member
    I think of it as a game too, and I find it very satisfying when I beat the game. Like yesterday I was going to a friends house for a Chinese to celebrate her birthday, so I did lots of walking and my 30DS and walked to her house, didn't eat a huge amount through the day and ended up with a deficit. So yesterday I most definitely beat the game.
    I also find it educational - I ever knew how many or how few calories things have. For me knowledge is power!
  • Bbwnomore2
    Bbwnomore2 Posts: 225 Member
    I seem to have gone over board on logging my calories, calculating total cals in recipes, thinking up new recipes & tracking weight & measurement changes, mainly to keep my mind off eating!!! Sad to admit it but I now have a spreadsheet full of graphs & meal plans, geeky but true, but it's working!!

^^this makes you my hero!!! i am so jealous cause i wanna do this LOL
  • tndejong
    tndejong Posts: 463
    i like to search fast food places and scare people about how much crap they are eating. my fiance is thinking twice about his burger king fridays with his buddies!
  • carlybarley22
    carlybarley22 Posts: 197 Member
    I love it. I usually lay in bed at night and plan out the whole next day.
  • JamieG8991
    JamieG8991 Posts: 1,203 Member
    I'm right there with you! I love it!!
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    I love it. Love working the macros, love new macro challenges and I'm now so interested in the science of it all, that I want to study nutritional sciences at degree level! X
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    I hate it and I'm tired of doing it. This isn't a normal way to live (in my opinion). Hoping to get to the point where I can just eat naturally
  • Heather4nne
    Heather4nne Posts: 566 Member
    I love it! Especially pairing with other apps to subtract calories to get a closer estimate. I love being able to quantify progress.
  • notworthstalking
    notworthstalking Posts: 531 Member
    I hate it and I'm tired of doing it. This isn't a normal way to live (in my opinion). Hoping to get to the point where I can just eat naturally

Although I like it I do agree with you. I hope to learn a lot about eating and about food, so that I can do this in a more natural manner. At the same time, this does suit me :)
  • wimeezer
    wimeezer Posts: 404 Member
    Love it! I enjoy the challenge and gathering new knowledge.
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    No, you arent.
  • Love to put exercise and food into MFP daily. I usually put my day in and stick to it. Helps me not overeat and measure everything. I also like to weigh myself everyday and check-in. This keeps me also from overeating as I know I have to get back on scale in morning.
  • terriblyn
    terriblyn Posts: 107 Member
    I love it. Love working the macros, love new macro challenges and I'm now so interested in the science of it all, that I want to study nutritional sciences at degree level! X

Me too! There really is a complex science behind it, and I want to be an expert!!