Am I the only one who finds counting calories fun?

Options
I don't know why, but I find it oddly satisfying. I find it interesting to look up the ingredients that I eat and their caloric estimate. To me, its almost like a game. Also I find that my new diet in general is much more fun, as I have to think up new ways to use ingredients that I traditionally found 'boring' ...

Who else is like this? Or do you all get tired of the counting? ._.

Replies

• TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    I have an analytical mind so I like the self-experimentation aspect of it all.

I hope that one day I won't need to do it though, it ain't natural ...
  • nookeetoone
    Options
    I have an analytical mind as well!! Maybe that's why ... Maybe I just like seeing numbers :p ... But every day is an adventure for me.

Sometimes an analytical mind can be bad though...
  • stoopey
    Options
    I like it. It helps me calibrate my fullness cues. That's a good thing.
  • Emmadsc
    Emmadsc Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I seem to have gone over board on logging my calories, calculating total cals in recipes, thinking up new recipes & tracking weight & measurement changes, mainly to keep my mind off eating!!! Sad to admit it but I now have a spreadsheet full of graphs & meal plans, geeky but true, but it's working!!
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    It's kind of like a fun puzzle to me. I like it :).
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Nope, I love it too. I spend lots of time playing with different foods trying to get calories and macro's to as near as possible. If I get any of the number to a '0' I feel so elated.
  • flynnfinn
    flynnfinn Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    keeps me busy and out of the kitchen where temptation lies waiting for me! it's is also mind-boggingly interesting knowing the composition of the food i eat. and i also like to spit out food facts to people as they eat to make them think twice...i know this is mean but at the same time, i am tired of hearing people around me complain that they want to lose weight but don't know how blah blah blah.
  • Catlady87
    Catlady87 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I think of it as a game too, and I find it very satisfying when I beat the game. Like yesterday I was going to a friends house for a Chinese to celebrate her birthday, so I did lots of walking and my 30DS and walked to her house, didn't eat a huge amount through the day and ended up with a deficit. So yesterday I most definitely beat the game.
    I also find it educational - I ever knew how many or how few calories things have. For me knowledge is power!
  • Bbwnomore2
    Bbwnomore2 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I seem to have gone over board on logging my calories, calculating total cals in recipes, thinking up new recipes & tracking weight & measurement changes, mainly to keep my mind off eating!!! Sad to admit it but I now have a spreadsheet full of graphs & meal plans, geeky but true, but it's working!!

^^this makes you my hero!!! i am so jealous cause i wanna do this LOL
  • tndejong
    tndejong Posts: 463
    Options
    i like to search fast food places and scare people about how much crap they are eating. my fiance is thinking twice about his burger king fridays with his buddies!
  • carlybarley22
    carlybarley22 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I love it. I usually lay in bed at night and plan out the whole next day.
  • JamieG8991
    JamieG8991 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you! I love it!!
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I love it. Love working the macros, love new macro challenges and I'm now so interested in the science of it all, that I want to study nutritional sciences at degree level! X
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    I hate it and I'm tired of doing it. This isn't a normal way to live (in my opinion). Hoping to get to the point where I can just eat naturally
  • Heather4nne
    Heather4nne Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I love it! Especially pairing with other apps to subtract calories to get a closer estimate. I love being able to quantify progress.
  • notworthstalking
    notworthstalking Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I hate it and I'm tired of doing it. This isn't a normal way to live (in my opinion). Hoping to get to the point where I can just eat naturally

Although I like it I do agree with you. I hope to learn a lot about eating and about food, so that I can do this in a more natural manner. At the same time, this does suit me :)
  • wimeezer
    wimeezer Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Love it! I enjoy the challenge and gathering new knowledge.
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    No, you arent.
  • lambchoplewis
    Options
    Love to put exercise and food into MFP daily. I usually put my day in and stick to it. Helps me not overeat and measure everything. I also like to weigh myself everyday and check-in. This keeps me also from overeating as I know I have to get back on scale in morning.
  • terriblyn
    terriblyn Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I love it. Love working the macros, love new macro challenges and I'm now so interested in the science of it all, that I want to study nutritional sciences at degree level! X

Me too! There really is a complex science behind it, and I want to be an expert!!