Zumba DVD's vs Zumba Wii

Options
2»

Replies

• Julicat6
    Julicat6 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba Core for Wii when I can't fit a class in my schedule. I like that you have the option of 20 minute, 45 minute or a full hour. I still think the class is more fun, but I definitely get a good workout for doing it at home.
  • FitChicFab2013
    Options
    I haven't tried the Wii but have the Zumba DVDs and Kinect, and they're both really good, I like to switch back and forth. DVDs when I'm looking for a quick workout and the Kinect when I want a little more fun, am up for concentrating on my positioning and racking up points for execution.
  • Diahann_Hughes
    Diahann_Hughes Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hiya Im a zumba instructor obvs nothing compares to an actually class but Id go for the Dvd much better as you will get a better workout with seeing all the movements the body can make that you can copy. Rather than a wee character each to their own tho enjoy whatever you pick x
  • KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Hiya Im a zumba instructor obvs nothing compares to an actually class but Id go for the Dvd much better as you will get a better workout with seeing all the movements the body can make that you can copy. Rather than a wee character each to their own tho enjoy whatever you pick x

Why does everyone say "nothing compares to an actual class?" It's not just you...a lot of people say this. I'm curious.
  • FitChicFab2013
    Options

Why does everyone say "nothing compares to an actual class?" It's not just you...a lot of people say this. I'm curious.

I'd like to know too, as the classes I've been to have been so full the instructor's not tried to help individuals with their positioning. I guess if I'd gone with a girlfriend I'd say the social factor. When any class - not just Zumba - is full up I think the effectiveness of the workout and getting the right moves down is diminished.
  • KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options

I'd like to know too, as the classes I've been to have been so full the instructor's not tried to help individuals with their positioning. I guess if I'd gone with a girlfriend I'd say the social factor. When any class - not just Zumba - is full up I think the effectiveness of the workout and getting the right moves down is diminished.

Agreed. I was thinking like you...the social factor must be what draws people, the "group mentality." I personally don't have that, and I prefer to exercise alone, because I can force myself to work harder and at my pace--I can't force someone else to do that, nor can I keep up with everyone, depending on the person. The Wii game is much more enjoyable for me. :smile: