Am I the only one who finds counting calories fun?

Options
13»

Replies

• HollyHobbitToes
    HollyHobbitToes Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I don't know why, but I find it oddly satisfying. I find it interesting to look up the ingredients that I eat and their caloric estimate. To me, its almost like a game. Also I find that my new diet in general is much more fun, as I have to think up new ways to use ingredients that I traditionally found 'boring' ...

Who else is like this? Or do you all get tired of the counting? ._.

I used to get tired of it in the past (this is my fourth year on my journey) but this time around I am getting more into the nutritional aspect and lifelong health instead of before where it was just, "right here, right now and what I want to see on the scale every morning"....now I study everything I eat....I see it as a formula now instead of just a bunch of crappy numbers I HAVE to pay attention to....so yeah, I am having fun counting calories you could say lol
  • fightininggirl
    fightininggirl Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I like to count them it helps me stay on track
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I like video games, and puzzles.
    Counting calories to me is turning into a game/challenge. It;s fun.
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    not so much fun when you think you have to do this until the day you die.

not necessarily.

I plan on using calorie counting and tracking macros to learn more about food, portions and what is good for me and what isn't.
    Then I plan on using that knowledge to do it, as someone described it, in a more "natural" way, i.e. using what I learned from tracking to make good food choices for the future without having to track it all on a computer.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    I love it too! It is my new normal.
  • scorpfem
    Options
    I only just started this 5 days ago just to see what I am eating and maybe see if there is something I can do better to control my weight. But I admit I do love adding up all the calories and it surprises me what is in some of the stuff I eat and drink. :smile:
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    I liked it at first. Now I'm bored with it and don't feel like doing it anymore. I'm close to my goal weight, so I might stop logging at some point. Although, that could result in gaining weight, so not sure. This doesn't seem like a natural thing to have to do for the rest of my life.
  • starrisonmclennon
    starrisonmclennon Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    i feel a bit like that, however it's gotten to the point where if i don't count calories i feel uneasy so i have to count them
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    Hey there's a little bit of sunshine for everyone.

An alternate view:
    Log until you've learned enough to be able to make good choices and still enjoy good food in moderation without gaining weight.

It is like a game.

Winning the game means you no longer need to log everything - everyday. There are tons of people on MFP that have won the game. Of course if you don't want the game to end you could continue playing until you die.
  • PonyTailedLoser
    PonyTailedLoser Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I do kinda like it. I also like knowing exactly how many calories I am eating as being unsure of what the calorie count is takes away a fair portion of the enjoyment of the food for me.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I enjoy it too!
  • nookeetoone
    Options

Actually I don't... Once I get to my goal weight, I like to think that I have a proper enough understand of how food works that I can maintain on my own.

The thing is that... for me.. I'm not -obsessed- with this counting thingy. I started doing it on a whim one day when I decided to beat my sugar addiction and rearrange my diet habit(entirely). That means even without calorie counting, Id still choose the healthier alternatives. I don't need calorie counting to stay healthy. But it Does make it easier.
  • IsleEsme
    IsleEsme Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I love it! It's a challenge and I get all excited when I go all day and end up under my sodium or I've eaten all my potassium (which is hard!) I get in bed and think my workout and food for the next day and get all excited!!