SuperBowl???

Options

Replies

• Christizzzle
    Christizzzle Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    My idea of a Superbowl is a toilet that cleans itself.

LMAO!! Imagine!?
  • taliesyn_
    taliesyn_ Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I'm in the UK but a football fan - no party for me but I will be controlling the diet-derailing dining by having some healthy papaya-based snacks for nibbles and a Super Bowl of soup while I watch the half-time show.

Regarding the outcome, I don't follow either team but I'd like to see the Ravens win it for Ray Lewis. The 49ers are a good team and young, so will have another chance soon - maybe as soon as next year.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I haven't either... Not like I care or am gonna watch it. Is it today?

i love when people pretend they dont know what is going on. unless you live in a cave there is no way you dont know today is the superbowl if you live in the USA.

Hmm. The only reason I know it is today is because of Twitter. I actually didn't notice it being mentioned around here until today, either, but then, I don't read everything that happens here lol. I don't have cable or watch TV, and am just not that into sports to realize which Sunday is which in football land. I do live in Boston, so there was no way to miss that the Patriots didn't make it to the Super Bowl, but as to the actual day, if someone really doesn't pay attention and media doesn't rule their life, yeah, it is fully possible not to realize when the actual day is. True, one shouldn't pretend not to know if you really do but just don't care, but don't assume that everyone knows something just because of where they happen to live. *shrug*

lol you proved my point. if you participate in society in any way(for you its Twitter) there is no way you didnt hear about the game.

redacted.
  • Pettygirl
    Pettygirl Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Colts fan rooting for alumni QB Jimmy "Captain Comeback" Harbaugh ~ 49ers for the win!!
  • XXbrendaXX
    Options
    I hear theres a football game before and after beyonces concert.

ROTFL!!
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    If you say so, if all you wanted to do was prove a point. Is it really that important if they actually knew the game was today or not? I guess it feels good to imagine you are superior because you smack down people who may have only been making a joke by saying "Is it today?" because the Super Bowl truly doesn't affect them. Maybe they shouldn't have bothered to comment on a post about the Super Bowl if they don't care, but they have a right to, whether they really knew it was today or not. *smh*
    :flowerforyou:

i was teasing someone who was pretending to not know today was the game.
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    ive got niners(-3.5) and the under(47.5) no prop bets yet....anyone else got any action on the game?
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    If you say so, if all you wanted to do was prove a point. Is it really that important if they actually knew the game was today or not? I guess it feels good to imagine you are superior because you smack down people who may have only been making a joke by saying "Is it today?" because the Super Bowl truly doesn't affect them. Maybe they shouldn't have bothered to comment on a post about the Super Bowl if they don't care, but they have a right to, whether they really knew it was today or not. *smh*
    :flowerforyou:

i was teasing someone who was pretending to not know today was the game.

My apologies, then, apparently I misunderstood. It's been that kind of morning for me. *goes back to corner for the rest of the day*
  • jcoco
    jcoco Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Still in mourning the Broncos did not make it in :( The positive is it will save me some calories since there will be no partying around here.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    I'll be sacrificing a small Chicken for the Ravens to Win, and if they don't for Ray Lewis to go nuts and bust up the celebration by tackling the commissioner.
  • Guines9
    Guines9 Posts: 137
    Options
    DON'T HAVE OR WATCH TV. I'M NOT INTO SPECTATOR SPORTS. I LIKE TO GET INTO IT.
  • Guines9
    Guines9 Posts: 137
    Options
    I THINK THE OBAMA CLOUD HAS US ALL DOWN
  • hamncheese67
    hamncheese67 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Go Niners!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    GO NINERS!!!!!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    ive got niners(-3.5) and the under(47.5) no prop bets yet....anyone else got any action on the game?

I have some sort of grid thing, with my name on three of the squares, and all I know is my husband will definitely tell me if I get money from it.

It's very complex and scientific.
  • Laces_0ut
    Options

I have some sort of grid thing, with my name on three of the squares, and all I know is my husband will definitely tell me if I get money from it.

It's very complex and scientific.

for that you win money based on the score of the game at the end of each quarter. what numbers do you have?
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    Options
    GO RAVENS! We are watching over here in England! Kick off at 11 at night, who knows when it will finish!? Got work booked off tomorrow and the diet is OFF today. I went to the gym yesterday, I'm going tomorrow but today I shall eat and drink what I like.
    We have two days of full NFL over here, Superbowl and when the NFL comes over end of October.
  • dtreg35
    Options
    from New Orleans.....Parties everywhere!!!! pulling for the ravens
  • d_Mode
    d_Mode Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    <
    Not watching the Super Bowl...could care less. I'll be watching Barcelona-v-Valencia today!!! Vamos Barça!
  • nursedianne
    nursedianne Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    We are going to a party, but since my beloved SAINTS didn't make it I don't care who wins. LOL. I'm just worried about overindulging in food and wine.