HATE exercise

Options
Anyone else here just hate exercise. I do it most days, I mix between 30 day shred, kettlebells, spinning and just general walking, but I bloody hate it. I wish I actually enjoyed it but it just seems like such an epic chore each day...

7418234.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• Thechiplover
    Options
    I'm like you but I love the feeling after a workout
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    I hate running worse than fat kids hate being naked in a locker room. I still do it, just not as much as I lift. For me, the gym is for picking up ridiculously heavy ****, not running on a high tech hamster wheel. Find something you can enjoy, and get at it. ;)
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Anyone else here just hate exercise. I do it most days, I mix between 30 day shred, kettlebells, spinning and just general walking, but I bloody hate it. I wish I actually enjoyed it but it just seems like such an epic chore each day...

Do a sport then. Like the outdoors? You're in Scotland so take up rock climbing! Or scrambling.
  • Mhaney
    Mhaney Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT

try a martial art or something......
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    Pilates is fun...and it increases flexibility. Same with Yoga.

You don't look in your picture like you have a ton to lose. I enjoy walking if I take my husband or dog...I don't mind the gym if I'm watching a show on my smart phone or on their TV's or if I find good music to listen to.

I don't particularly enjoy working out but I do it anyway.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I echo the "do something you enjoy" crowd. If it isn't something you enjoy, why not find something you do. I like running and picking up heavy things, so I do that. I don't expect everyone to like it, but I do.
  • srm1960
    srm1960 Posts: 281 Member
    Options

7418234.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
    :sad:
    Yes-Hate it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-but if we don't do it, then this process will take soooooooooooooooooooo much longer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options

Do a sport then. Like the outdoors? You're in Scotland so take up rock climbing! Or scrambling.

I was just going to say this.

Get involved in a sport.

Workout to improve your performance in that sport.

Once you see your body change and your performance improve you eventually learn to love it.
  • Joycie13
    Options
    I don't like it, but don't hate it either. But like you said, it's an epic chore for me as well. Trying to find enough time in the day to exercise can be a chore in its self, especially after dedicating 10 hours to work, then coming home and doing more work. Trying to exercise before you go to bed is no good either, but that's the only time I can squeeze it in.

I've had to tapper off of exercising until life slows down a little because exercising before going to bed really made it hard to sleep which makes my entire next day a ton harder to get through. I can't exercise before work because, unfortunately, I don't get that revitalized feeling after exercising. I feel the opposite.
  • Stormchasegrl
    Stormchasegrl Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I hate it too. The after feeling isn't enough to overpower how much I hate it. I have to force myself to do it every time. I tend to mix my cardio between general aerobics and my stationary bike. I'm not coordinated enough for sports, so I don't do them and running tends to do more harm than good for me it seems (shin splints, lower back pain, joint pain, etc.). Some people are built for it or grow to love it. I do it because I have to. Breaking through *that* mentality will be my biggest challenge, far greater than losing the weight alone!
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Treadmills and exercise bikes totally suck. If I'm going to pedal that hard I want to move and feel the wind in my hair and zoom up and down hills and over bumps etc! I also hate the exercise/dance video and that type of stuff. Exercise for the sake of exercise is not fun, especially if it involves following someone else's lead... it requires just enough of my brain power that I can't space out and daydream or meditate while doing it so I'm stuck paying attention to something incredibly mind-numbingly pointless and boring.

I find things I enjoy like in the summer, biking, kayaking, swimming, and in the winter playing kinect sport-like games and indoor swimming.
  • jimmie65
    jimmie65 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Find something you like and do it.
    Like Gallowmere, I'm not particularly fond of running though I still run. But I love kettlebells, lifting, bodyweight work, etc.
  • Health_Gal
    Health_Gal Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Have you tried any of the "exercise to music" group classes at local gyms?
  • mshawler
    Options
    I don't like it, but I think that's mostly because I'm out of shape and bad at it. I was doing P90X for a while...loved the Kenpo. All that kicking and punching was tough but fun. I would do the days I didn't like to get to the ones I would look forward to :)
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Or Nintendo Wii? Many look down on it but I think such things are fantastic.
  • katisere
    katisere Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Or Nintendo Wii? Many look down on it but I think such things are fantastic.

My wee boy has got a kinect, think he got some fitness games when it was purchased, will have a wee play around with them tomorrow and see how I feel with them :)

Thanks for the advice guys :) Onwards and Upwards
  • MrsSardone
    MrsSardone Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    When I was out of shape I didn't really like it. But now that I can go harder for longer I do enjoy it. I usually work out until I get an endorphin high. For me it's THAT good.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    When I was out of shape I didn't really like it. But now that I can go harder for longer I do enjoy it. I usually work out until I get an endorphin high. For me it's THAT good.
    OH, you're talking about exercise.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

I hate *most* exercise. I do short work-outs mostly. Occasionally I'll play basketball or something like that and have fun.
  • fresh_start59
    fresh_start59 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    HATE exercise.
    FEAR cardio, especially when my son is not home.
    SELF-Conscious about exercising in front of people.
    NO MONEY for a gym.

I guess I am the only one with a huge fear of exercise. I started a group: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/10234-exercise-phobia-face-the-fear and the only person that posts there is me. LOL

Despite my disdain, my fear and my lack of funds, I am slowly working to improve my fitness level. (No Biggest Loser workouts for this gal!)

I guess something is better than nothing, right?