Buffalo Wild Wings - Healthy Choices?

Options
2»

Replies

• paulypresson
    Options
    Ok...so I got the document from BWW too, and they don't make it easy, but here goes.

Buffalitos start at 880 with no sauce. While it doesn't explicitly say it, it includes chips, as every item in the "Wrap" category says chips, except the Buffalitos. They should include chips too. Here is where they make it tough. The don't give info for chips/salsa, except the "shareable", or appetizer portion. Take half of the appetizer portion of 620 calories, which is what comes with wraps, which is 310, and deduct that from the 880, gives you 570. Less 110 per Buffalitos, for no sour cream, reduces total another 220, for a total of 360. That's pretty darn close to the 380 I found on Livestrong, and on the my fitness pal database. Add in 110 for the veggie boat, and one of the plastic cups of fat free ranch, and I think I'm pretty darn close. Especially since their dressing, e.g. Fat free ranch, serving size is 3 oz. That is a ton of dressing, considering there are 8 oz in a whole CUP. If u are using more than half a cup of dressing, u may have other problems. :) so one of those small plastic cups of their dressing is probably half a serving, 1.5 oz, or only 40 calories.

I'm assuming I'd come up with a pretty accurate calculation for my estimate on the naked & dry tenders too.

Hope this helps!
  • CottonCandyKisses
    CottonCandyKisses Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I get the grilled chicken sandwich with a side salad, with no cheese or croutons with FF Ranch instead of fries.
  • P90Xfit
    Options
    First things first... What's your height and weight? Sounds to me like your caloric intake is too low. Your body will not burn fat if you don't eat enough. The body will store fat because you are not giving it enough calories to convert to energy. Go online and calculate your BMI and figure out how many calories you need to sustain your existing weight. I recommend you reduce your calorie intake by 500 cal a day. If you exercise 5-6 times a week you will burn additional calories and your body will burn fat instead of converting calories to fat. The other thing you need to do is eat 5-6 meals a day. 3 main meals and 2 to 3 snacks. These meals should be spaced out 3-4 hrs apart.There is a very good book that explains the plan. The book is written by Michael Thurmond called "lose 10 lbs in 7 days diet" I used the book to structure how I eat for life not six days... I lost 25 lbs over 90 days and utilized P90X exercise plan. My health stats are perfect now, cholesterol is low, sugar is normal, and my doctor told me If everyone did this they would put him out of business.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Wings are deep fried. There's no "healthy choice". If it's your last time to eat them and you have plenty of calories, just get whatever you want that keeps you within your calories. Personally, I'd go classic buffalo happy But that's just me and the dressing if you use it to dip will be extra calories so make sure you factor that in too.

People deep fry wings? This is an atrocity that must be stopped. Why would you do that to a perfectly good piece of chicken?

Throw that **** on a piece of foil, bake it with no breading, add a delicious sauce afterward, win at life. :D
  • coderedjulia
    Options
    They have a few wraps, but I'm sure those are just as fattening as the wings. I suppose go for the naked strips, the chicken that is grilled. Try using low fat ranch and instead of their sauces ask for a little dry rub. They come with tortilla chips and salsa which isn't very healthy, but its better than the fries. That place is fun, but not exactly diet friendly..lol
  • briantauman
    briantauman Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am a server at dubs, and I pretty much was eating there everyday before I started mfp.

Here is the scoop.

The best thing you can get at Bdubs is the 6 Naked Tenders w/ honey mustard. When i do eat there that is what I get. Now there are a few things you could get but I still may consider them a "splurge". The Honey bbq Chicken salad is decent. Not great fro Calories. It typically comes with a 3oz bbq ranch dressing. as for the 2oz or go with a different dress.

Also the regular chicken tender salad isnt bad. Better than that honey bbq salad because its just plain grilled chicken. The sauces at bdubs actually is what kills you.

It is hard to justify eating wings. We basically cook them in lard. I mean its as bad as it comes. Even if the wings are plain the calories are out of this world.

So bdubs is hard, but it is do able. If you are getting wings. Get them plain and dip them in ff ranch, or honey mustard. That way you get to decided how much sauce is on them. Any other bdubs questions you can inbox me.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Try viewing BWW as an occasional splurge. And when you do splurge, go for it and enjoy eating whatever you like instead of trying to find a healthy substitution. Substitutions are usually a disappointment (at least in my experience). :smile:

For example, I *love* Buffalo Wild Wing's spicy garlic wings. But, I only eat them a few times a year, and when I do - I eat all twelve of them without a moment's worth of guilt. No sense in feeling guilty about a food I eat so infrequently.
  • pgdenton
    pgdenton Posts: 1
    Options
    Try the dry rub traditional wings. Less calories than the Sauce covered ones. Enjoy!