they will do it for you.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    When approached, I always say "no thanks; I'm trying to quit."
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    I think they taste best if they are deep fried, personally, with a side of shells-n-cheese. One girl scout can last as much as a week, so I put the other ones in the freezer until I'm ready for them.

Bonus is, when I snag them, they drop all their cookie stock so I have dessert as well.

Win-Win!
  • ohtobe140
    Options
    The easiest way to avoid them but still contribute to the cause is to ask the Girl Scout selling which one is their favorite, buy a box and give it back to them. Or just give them money and not take the cookies. You can donate at any time without taking something in return. They aren't that good really, and you know what they taste like so it's not anything new. What would you rather have, GS Cookies or just the good feeling of donating to a cause that you believe in?
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Buy a box and give it right back to the Girlscout and tell her she's supposed to share it with her 'crew' whose working so hard to fund raise. I'm sure they'll enjoy the cookies too. Grin. Heck, if they decide to resell them, whose to know? They can make more money as the box isn't open. Either way, tell them enjoy! I'm sure they don't get to eat their own cookies very often.
  • bkr45678
    bkr45678 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Send to a soldier.

This is what I do every year, same with Boy Scouts.
  • lizlkbg
    lizlkbg Posts: 566
    Options
    Am I the only person in the world who hates thin mints?
    But I would go bad for a Samoa....mmmm...
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,058 Member
    Options
    Buy them every time you see them. Buy all the cookies. Then I won't be able to.
  • lizlkbg
    lizlkbg Posts: 566
    Options
    I think they taste best if they are deep fried, personally, with a side of shells-n-cheese. One girl scout can last as much as a week, so I put the other ones in the freezer until I'm ready for them.

Bonus is, when I snag them, they drop all their cookie stock so I have dessert as well.

Win-Win!

My god. Evil genius, right here on MFP.
  • jzaz903
    jzaz903 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    i buy ONE box of the peanut butter ones i love, ONE box of the new lemony ones i love, and two boxes of thin mints for the hubs. i'm allergic to mint.

when mine come in, i separate them into little baggies of one serving. i put them on a super high shelf(usually the one on top of the fridge, sometimes i hide them behind other things too) so it's a hassle to get them. then i force myself to only grab one bag at a time. even if it's one bag of each :)
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Give the girls a donation and let them keep the cookies!
  • sovannac
    sovannac Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Lucky for me, I don't really see any Girl Scouts and even better for me, I'm not much of a fan of the cookies. :)
  • alifer
    alifer Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I always tell any girl scout..."Thanks but I've already bought for the year." and truly i have not bought them...it spares their feelings..and it keeps me from coming up with an excuse and having to explain myself.

As a Boy Scout leader who has sold popcorn with my son many times, we hear that a lot. Doesn't take long for the Scout to figure out it's a lie, especially when it is the first day they are allowed to sell...
  • raeleek
    raeleek Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Have them come in and do a session of P90 so they know what you'll have to go through to eat a Thin Mint. That'll keep the little green devils away!

Seriously though, there is an option where you can donate a box to the troops. I will admit in years past I have done my share of supporting the Girl Scouts and their Thin Mint pushing but this year I'm going to just donate a bunch of boxes and buy ONE box of Thin Mints for myself.
  • ChaiSpyce
    Options
    I ordered four boxes, and I intend to eat every delicious crumb. Lemonades, Trefoils, Thin Mints, and Mango Crème Sandwich Cookies.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    The Mango Creme cookies have coconut too?! Goddammit, Girl Scouts!! :mad:
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options

Win-Win!

And the winning response!!!
  • refinnej2
    Options
    Ask but I heard that you can buy them to donate to a soldier at war. That way you're helping out the child and making a soldier's day. Not totally sure that it is true.
  • toxicsgrl
    Options
    move to the uk

we dont have stray tweens flogging their wares on doorsteps here - thankfully.
  • vick9180
    vick9180 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I haven't read through everyone's responses, but my daughter is a Girl Scout, and they offer Cookie Shares. Basically you order a Cookie Share at the same price of a box, and they donate those cookies to a local food bank or military. That way, your Girl Scout still gets the cookie credits to help out her and her troop, you've donated to a good cause, but you're keeping the cookies off your waistline.