Cheat Days.

Options

Replies

• bkr45678
    bkr45678 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Do you have cheat days? Why or why not? What do your cheat days consist of? What're your opinions on cheat days?

For me, I eat my normal healthy diet on weekdays, but when weekends come around I eat what I want but still stay within my calorie goal to lose weight. Might be pizza, fajita tacos, a Mooyah burger, I just make it fit. Then the rest of the day I just snack on cheese, apples, cereal and coffee. Works for me.
  • lizlkbg
    lizlkbg Posts: 566
    Options
    i dont think of them as cheat days if u have a little bit of what you fancy. think its best not to go overboard and add the exercise in

I love that! "have a little bit of what you fancy"
    That is my new motto :)
  • reallifealien
    reallifealien Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    HELL YEAH!! twice a week - and i'm still losing ;D
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    I rewarded myself yesterday for being way over my calories burned and hitting the gym 6 days this week. I likemy pizza and usually I will eat it if its in my calories but yesterday was a full out binge *kitten* show and know what I feel amazing and I'm not bloated. Back to it today :)
  • feliligram
    Options
    I don't do cheat days.
    You can pretty much eat whatever you want as long as you stay with in your goals, not saying to go and get a whopper with cheese large fry and a coke, but if you want a little cup of ice cream, go ahead and have it.
  • babyblooz
    babyblooz Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    It depends upon the individual. Personally, I see no need for them unless one is already below 15% bodyfat (for males, not sure about females), at least from a training stance. I view it as until one reaches that point, they haven't earned them, and really, their body has no use for the extra calories while overweight, so why do it?

:huh:
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    i have a day, every 15th day, where i have what ever i want, howevver, i still log. i lose a steady 8 pounds a month with these 2 monthly "cheat" days. im very happy with it this way, because it allows me to go a little crazy and splurge with my kids, without any worries. i log everything, however, i have no boundaries on these days!
  • TisheaDH
    TisheaDH Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Moderation in all things.
  • Scottish_charlene_84
    Options
    Yip, every sat :)
  • LeviLeDoux
    LeviLeDoux Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Not necessarily a cheat day, but when I reach my short term goal of 110 lbs I'll be treating myself to sushi! ^_^
  • pariskathryn
    pariskathryn Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Nope, because I'm trying to change my lifestyle. If I want to eat something (eg McDonald's fries!), I just try to give myself a small portion. I don't ever want to deprive myself of foods that I love, so I want to keep the mentality that it's okay to eat a cheeseburger every once a while-- as long as I plan ahead by drinking more water and being a little more strict on my meals for the rest of the day.

When I'm with family or doing something fun, I try to still keep track. Even if I go over it isn't a big deal, but I find tracking even on "special occasions" keeps me within the right portion sizes.
  • dangerxbadger
    dangerxbadger Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I have "free" days, but only on special occasions, like Christmas, Thanksgiving, my New Year's party, and probably Valentine's Day and my birthday. I DO try to log them, but I don't obsess over it. And generally speaking, its one MEAL, not a whole day. But again, I don't really stress about it. I just listen to my body and do what feels right. And I'll tell you, after not eating my favorite crap foods for so long, a little goes a long way, and I find myself enjoying it so much more.
  • juliekaiser1988
    juliekaiser1988 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Every Saturday is Cheat Day for me. Although generally, I still stay within calories, or at least pretty darn close. It's just natural for me to eat fairly healthy all the time, but on Cheat Days, my macros are out the window. Low protein, high carbs, but still pretty darn close to calories. Usually I go over, but by less than 500 calories.

Why do I do it? Because I can.
  • pumpkinspice84
    pumpkinspice84 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I only really plan on cheating on special occastions. I plan all my meals for the week and plan my calories around them. So if I plan on having something that is going to be a little more than normal I will already have it worked in. Also working extra hard to make up for it.
  • juliekaiser1988
    juliekaiser1988 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Do you have cheat days? Why or why not? What do your cheat days consist of? What're your opinions on cheat days?

For me, I eat my normal healthy diet on weekdays, but when weekends come around I eat what I want but still stay within my calorie goal to lose weight. Might be pizza, fajita tacos, a Mooyah burger, I just make it fit. Then the rest of the day I just snack on cheese, apples, cereal and coffee. Works for me.

Tony Little (fitness guru) says:

Treat your body like a Temple during the week and a Playground on the weekends!
  • smidget333
    smidget333 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have been really good about logging everything and working out...and then I went out to the bar.
    Cannot remember how many drinks I had or even what kind they were, and I KNOW that it went over on my calories. But I just got back up this morning and hopped back on my routine of working out and counting calories. I'm not too stressed because sometimes life just happens. You gotta be able to roll with it if you want a weight loss that will actually stick!!
  • dstuttgen
    Options
    On payday, we go into Green Bay for groceries and stop at starbucks for a White mocha or Caramel mochiatto and a bakery treat.
  • hehall09
    Options
    Last Thursday was a cheat day for me. I had my regular breakfast (Irish steal cut oatmeal with chia seeds and a little agave nectar) and then for lunch I had a Boar's Head turkey on a white hoagie with a pepsi and a bag of Lays chips and then that night I went to a hole-in-the-wall Mexican place and had a margarita, beans and rice, and a chicken enchilada. Pretty sure my calorie counter would have exploded after that meal but hey, that's the joy of cheat days! :)
  • Otter1422
    Otter1422 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I only recently started with the calorie counter but as a general rule I have an occasional(not weekly) "cheat" day as far as my eating goes but I have not missed a day of exercise in over a month. I am headed to Vegas in a few weeks and plan to "cheat" the whole time but still exercise. Some days I may even be okay calorie wise out there if I am eating exercise calories back.