just started with 100lb to loose???

Options
Hey

My name is Naomi and I am looking for a few friends on here who are at the same point as me, just starting out with around 100lb to loose, for a bit of online support and motivation from others who have the same kind of goals

I currently weigh in at a little under 20stone and i'd like to get down to around 180lb, the upper end of a healthy weight for someone my height!

I am almost 35 and married with 2 small children who .are my biggest motivation xxx

Replies

• walters1227
    Options
    Welcome! I have about 140 to lose so we are in the same boat. I'm following a specific plan and so far I've lost 31 lbs.
  • CherylAnn38
    CherylAnn38 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I just started the first part of January and, like you, I want to lose 100 pounds. I've lost 14 so far. I wear a Fitbit and that helps keep me on track. I also do Weight Watchers but I plan on quitting it and just using this website to keep track of my calories. I'm 56 and have a 3 year old granddaughter. She's my motivation. I want to keep up with her! Best of luck!
  • Iwanttobe180lb
    Options
    That's a great start x
  • tiffanycsmith
    tiffanycsmith Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I just started the first part of January and, like you, I want to lose 100 pounds. I've lost 14 so far. I wear a Fitbit and that helps keep me on track. I also do Weight Watchers but I plan on quitting it and just using this website to keep track of my calories. I'm 56 and have a 3 year old granddaughter. She's my motivation. I want to keep up with her! Best of luck!

How's the Fitbit working for you? I want to buy one but I don't want to drop $100 and it's not accurate.
  • Petrapoo45
    Petrapoo45 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community!! Im pretty new myself...I am close to being in your boat with about 80lbs total to loose. Feel free to add me as a friend!! I love lots of support :love:
  • Kayleylou89
    Options
    Hellooo! :)
    Ive been on here since January 1st and I still have around 140lbs to lose - please all feel free to add me x
  • mwbulechek
    mwbulechek Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.
  • roseredman1
    roseredman1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Rose, I'll be 48 next week and have two grand kids 3 and 1. They are my motivation, plus, I'm a diabetic and need to get off one more pill, (got off my insulin and glyburide last summer. :smile: ) I need to lose 100 pound too. I've already lost around 38 lb from last year. I'm competing in a 12 week weight loss competition at my gym, this is the beginning of week 3. I lost 8 the first week, gained 2 the second, grrrrr. I try to make it to the gym 5 days a week like I have been. (I kinda fell off the wagon Oct-Dec) with diet and exercise) It's hard to get back on track with keeping my carbs in check. I love bread! lol. I'm Having a hard time with carb withdrawls, maybe that's why I gain 2lb last week? I'm new to logging food on this site, I usually log onto Spark people. The people running the weight loss contest wants us to use this site. So I just started using this site 2 weeks ago and trying to get used to things on this site.
  • charlz90
    charlz90 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've just set up my account and ready to go, I have 90lbs to lose so could definitely do with some friends on here :D
  • roseredman1
    roseredman1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yes, someone just told me about the fitbit last week. I never heard of it till then. Do you think it's worth the money? And how to you think it's helping you?
  • auntiemsgr8
    auntiemsgr8 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I have been here since last summer but still have 120 more pounds to lose. Anyone can add me. Would love to encourage and support you along the way.
  • jazme22
    jazme22 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I'm Ellen and I am 24! I am 170.2lbs right now, aiming to lose 70lbs of me. I'm only 5 ft tall..please feel free to add me as friend. I need some support :)
  • nerdyglasses15
    nerdyglasses15 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I started with 100 pounds too! 29 down, 71 to go! :)
  • jonswife0206
    jonswife0206 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Hi ! I'm Bridge and have a total of around 135 lbs. to lose. It is going to be a long journey but I am happier than ever and have learned a lot ! Feel free to friend me !
  • kellyellis3158
    Options
    This is my second day using this site and it feels great. I want to loose about 70 pounds and hope this helps me get there. If anyone wants new friends to help with motivation add me, I will need all the help I can get!
  • fluffyfoxx
    Options
    I have 100 pounds to loose and I haven't started loosing any even though I have been doing this for 2 weeks. I decided to change my intake so that maybe it will help! I will friend ya!
  • CherylAnn38
    CherylAnn38 Posts: 29 Member
    Options

How's the Fitbit working for you? I want to buy one but I don't want to drop $100 and it's not accurate.
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    I am not new but restarting again ... I lost 78 pounds in 09/2010 ... I fell off the wagon and let life in general and tragic things get in my way ...but I am back with more willpower and positive attitude... WE GOT THIS AND WE CAN DO THIS ...Good luck on your weight loss journey .........anyone is more than welcome to add me
  • meaningful99
    Options
    Hi! I am trying to lose 100, too. I started less than two weeks ago and have lost 4 lbs. It seems like a huge journey, but I am bound and determined to succeed by taking it one day at a time. I get a lot of inspiration from the stories people post in the Success Stories community. If they can do it, so can we!
  • Fatandfifty3
    Fatandfifty3 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've got at least 94lbs to lose so feel free to add me too. :-)