workout buddies from afar

Options
j_g4ever
j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
This is for everyone that would like to check in daily and check on everyone else

Replies

• missygal
    missygal Posts: 60
    Options
    Cool I'm here...:wink:
  • katiri732
    katiri732 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I am here. and glad for it ty for starting this!
  • katythemommy
    katythemommy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Yay!! I always see the groups on here that have already started and hate to just butt in.. so I'm glad I found one just starting!
  • j_g4ever
    Options
    I'm so excited. I am part of another group but the more support the better.
  • red5
    red5 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Count me in!!!!
  • jkohan
    jkohan Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I'm in--I guess I will start!

After doing my first 5K on Sunday (walked it), I did a moderate cardio routine at the gym last night. 1.27 on the elliptical and 1.88 on the treadmill. 372 calories burned.

Looking forward to supporting all of you! :)
  • angel1014777
    Options
    Hey that's awesome! I would really like to start following a running program. I have tried but it is really mentally challenging....I really like the fact that you stayed in and finished the 5k, very inspiring.
  • angel1014777
    Options
    I'm def in....3 weeks until the end of May. I would really like to set a goal of 2lbs a week. Going to the gym today, anyone else want to set a goal of a 6lb loss this month?
  • j_g4ever
    Options
    I don't know if I can get 6lbs in this month but I will try my hardest. My hubby and I went to the gym today and managed to burn over 1,000 calories. I can't believe it. I was really sweating icky. But I got the job done for sure.
  • katiri732
    Options
    skipped workout today, had done walking workout previous two days, back to it tomorrow.
  • jkohan
    Options
    Hey that's awesome! I would really like to start following a running program. I have tried but it is really mentally challenging....I really like the fact that you stayed in and finished the 5k, very inspiring.

Thank you! I'm really focusing on my "form" when walking-I just can't seem to walk fast! So, with proper form, hopefully I can walk more quickly more easily and then eventually start running!

I think I can do 6lbs in May. I only weigh 1x a month with my trainer--and that should be a week from Saturday.

Tonite's workout:
    30 minute leg workout with the trainer:
    64 walking lunges
    leg curls
    squats
    leg press
    calf raises
    isometric squats
    174 calories burned

20 min on Elliptical - 1.24 miles - 157 calories burned
    42 min on Treadmill - 2.01 miles - 241 calories burned

Total burned: 572 :D
  • ccgisme
    ccgisme Posts: 239 Member
    Options

I am a few weeks into the C25K program www.c25k.com/. I really like it. It's an interval program that slowly eases you into running a 5K. I highly recommend it. I also use the Podrunner podcasts so that I don't have to constantly look at my watch wondering how much longer I need to run... That used to kill me!

Good luck!
  • j_g4ever
    Options
    I'm listening to the podcast. I think i might start this thanks for sharing.
  • missygal
    missygal Posts: 60
    Options
    I did my walking dvd this morning! Going to add weights tomorrow...
  • jkohan
    Options
    I did my walking dvd this morning! Going to add weights tomorrow...
    Awesome!

I did 60 min of cardio at the gym tonite. I changed it up a bit and did 40 on the elliptical and 20 on the treadmill

Did 2.72 mi and 301 calories burned on elliptical and 1 mile on the treadmill and 134 calories burned. total burned=435.

Thank goodness for my HRM. I did the cardio workout on the elliptical--it asked me for my age, and weight--and had me as burned 600 calories! HRM read 301...the difference is crazy!
  • katiri732
    Options
    On Wednesday I did a 20 min moderate walk with a walking dvd, this exceeded my exercise goal for the day and it exceeded my goal for calories burned during the day. And I was sweating by the end of it.
  • andreasoulcastle
    andreasoulcastle Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Hey guys and gals, I would like to join this group! I need to check in daily. My name is Andrea and I am currently at 251 trying to get down to 230 and then hopefully 200. I worked out on the elliptical for 30 min today hopefully I do it again tomorrow. My problem right now is staying within my calories I am a student and tend to eat a lot on the go, any tips?
  • j_g4ever
    Options
    Hey guys and gals, I would like to join this group! I need to check in daily. My name is Andrea and I am currently at 251 trying to get down to 230 and then hopefully 200. I worked out on the elliptical for 30 min today hopefully I do it again tomorrow. My problem right now is staying within my calories I am a student and tend to eat a lot on the go, any tips?

I do the elliptical for 20mins and that thing kills me every single time. I didn't work out today or yesterday just working on getting to the gym 3x a week and then working my way up from there. We are getting trained in on the weights tomorrow or should i say today he he and then i will be going to the gym more. can't wait.
  • jkohan
    Options
    I hope everyone is having a good weekend--I just got home from a tough workout. I feel GREAT now, but I am sure I will be paying for this later when I can't keep my eyes open. LOL

Total calories burned: 642

30 min intense Ab exercises with my Trainer - 185 calories
    40 min elliptical 2.76 mi - 314 calories
    20 min treadmill 1.03 mi - 143 calories.

I weigh in next Sunday with my trainer and do measurements....I hope we see good progress! Have a nice weekend, everyone!