Gained 5lbs over the weekend! HELP!

Options

Replies

• Marinayes
    Marinayes Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    It's probably mostly water. I gained 4 pounds overnight once. I was freaking out, but it was all gone in the next 2 days. Thinking back, I did overdose on salt before the weight came on and I am pretty sure it was all water retention.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I wonder "Are you serious?"

Just making sure I guess.:wink:
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    It's probably mostly water. I gained 4 pounds overnight once. I was freaking out, but it was all gone in the next 2 days. Thinking back, I did overdose on salt before the weight came on and I am pretty sure it was all water retention.

Ok, thanks. Off to drink and take my son to his gymnastics. Over and out guys!
  • dpakers
    Options
    No need to worry, I have a splurge day once a week. Your body will throw it off. Don't weigh yourself after your spluge day. Pick a day to weigh yourself and keep it to once aweek. I picked Fridays to weigh in. Sunday's are my splurge day!!
  • Kim28dav
    Options
    It's probably just sodium overload from yesterday!! DRINK LOTS OF WATER today and just get back on track. It will come back off!! Been there done that :)
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Seems rather silly to go weighing yourself after eating all of that anyway, no ?
    I mean, it's a bit like self torture as it should have been fairly obvious it would show on the scale, from the salt and sugar, if not from the volume of food that would still be in your system. It doesn't just evaporate as soon as you eat it.
  • jamers3111
    jamers3111 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Drink LOTS and LOTS of water for the next few days and try to eat clean (no processed foods) and that weight will be gone by Thursday. This happens to me often and this I found works best to rid my body of that crap. Don't stress over it... you will be fine :)
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    I'm going to make the realistic assumption that you didn't really lose 4 pounds. Probably lost some water weight, then rehydrated. 4 pounds in 5 days would require a 2800 calorie deficit per day, and I doubt you went 5 days without eating at all, while burning extra calories exercising.

It's really all just math.
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I make it a point NOT to weigh myself after a birthday, holiday, Super Bowl weekend, etc., at least for a few days. Most of it will simply be fluid retention.

The other thing I would suggest is to stop the "all or nothing" way of eating. You said you were "perfect" then lost control. Try to relax a little bit. I know for me, being rigid is a surefire way for me to binge, so I try not to be so "perfect." Just a suggestion.
  • nessagrace22
    nessagrace22 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I'm so discouraged. All that hard work for NOTHING!

Just remember this feeling next time you go for the chips instead of the veggie tray!

totally this!

you havent put on 5lbs of fat, but at the same time, why work so hard just to eat crap and then feel bad?!

i eat crap sometimes but i make sure it fits in my calories, and most importantly, i enjoy it. other wise, just say no!

Because that's life and sometimes people overindulge.

That is life but the difference is how/whether you take control of it.
  • terilou87
    terilou87 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    give yourself a couple of days, i always weigh around 4lb heavier at night than in the morning give your body chance to digest all the food wine ect :)
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Switch to Friday weigh-ins rather then Mondays to save yourself the anguish!

I find that if I'm thinking about a "naughty" then I look at my log and think - OK, if I have that it wipes out the 20 mins walk I sweated at lunchtime - and then decide if I still want it. I also look at calories left for the day.

Sometimes you have to splurge or life isn't worht living, but don't weigh yourself straight after:wink:
  • paigelaw81
    Options
    Ignore him....he has an attitude problem.
  • gabby365
    gabby365 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I lost 4lbs last week M-F doing the Jillian Michaels tapes and eating perfect. Then the weekend came and I lost all control. I had wine, pizza, popcorn, and junk at a superbowl party. I weighed myself this morning and I'm UP 5lbs!:noway: :explode: :grumble: :cry:

Now I know I didn't eat 17,000 calories so wth is going on!? I'm so discouraged. All that hard work for NOTHING!

HELP PLEASE!

I am up 8 lbs. :sad:
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Some water, sodium, the food you still have in "your system.," etc... nothing to worry about.

This. Relax. Stress doesn't help
  • myfriendb00
    myfriendb00 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Some water, sodium, the food you still have in "your system.," etc... nothing to worry about.

Agreed just water and salt from the food change in a couple days you will be back down!
  • bannedword
    bannedword Posts: 299 Member
    Options

Either stop weighing yourself and use the mirror as guidance since you apparently lack the mental fortitude to handle weight fluctuations or just give up.

You're my favorite.
  • sozisfitnow
    sozisfitnow Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    starve, binge is not a lifestyle worth maintaining.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Just remember this feeling next time you go for the chips instead of the veggie tray!

totally this!

you havent put on 5lbs of fat, but at the same time, why work so hard just to eat crap and then feel bad?!

i eat crap sometimes but i make sure it fits in my calories, and most importantly, i enjoy it. other wise, just say no!

obviously your english comprehension skills are lacking...
  • krissy_krossy
    krissy_krossy Posts: 307 Member
    Options

totally this!

obviously your english comprehension skills are lacking...

:laugh: Aren't you sweet!