Any other slow losers on here?

Options
I'm a slow loser. The weight is not coming off as fast for me as it has in the past, but I've got to accept that. Any other slow losers?

Replies

• Smackemdanno
    Smackemdanno Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Yes, a year and 34 lbs lost. I probably could lose faster if I exercised more often. At least I am losing.
  • tracymccownlafon
    Options
    That would be me. Three years ago I lost 60 pounds and it took me 9 months of dedicated hard work. I have gained 18 of it back in that time and so I am back here, and it is going a pound or two a week but at least the scale is going down not up, and that, ultimately is what counts! keep at it!
  • capnlizard
    capnlizard Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    This time around, yes....a few years ago, I lost sixty pounds in like four or five months, mainly because I was pretty much starving myself and working the cardio like a nutcase. Obviously, that isn't sustainable, and I realized how unhealthy it was, so I hit the brakes (way too hard!). I gained back all of the weight, plus another ten pounds, and now I am more committed to realistic goals and methods (actual lifestyle changes as opposed to dieting). So, it is coming off much slower this time, but I feel less likely to go bonkers and gain it all back, this go-round. Good luck and hang in there!!!!
  • blanhe2
    Options
    I am a slow loser, in fact i seem to be staying the same at the moment. GIven that I have to take medication that tends to increase my weight, I am not too bothered by that staying the same :).
  • Missylydia
    Missylydia Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I am a slow winner ;)
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    Me! It took me oh.... 8 months to loose my last 20 pounds, lol. Hang in there, you'll make it. Slow and steady wins the (frustrating, sometimes) race.
  • gabby365
    gabby365 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    When I first started my weight loss journey, I dropped 20 lbs... since then it's been a teeter totter of loose/gain. I keep trying.
  • ClaireShepster
    ClaireShepster Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    That would be me. Three years ago I lost 60 pounds and it took me 9 months of dedicated hard work. I have gained 18 of it back in that time and so I am back here, and it is going a pound or two a week but at least the scale is going down not up, and that, ultimately is what counts! keep at it!

This is me also - I lost 35 kg put 8 of it back on slowly (I could put excuses down but they would just be code for me being lazy) now the painful process of getting rid of it all and a bit more.
  • TisheaDH
    TisheaDH Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am a slow winner ;)

I like what you're saying there. :bigsmile:

The weight is coming down slowly for me, but the inches are disappearing at a steady rate. It can be hard when you want to see the scale move, which is why I measure myself every Sunday. I like to stay encourage. Keep up your hard work.
  • sing4me4you
    sing4me4you Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Yup, slow loser here as well. I just keep on keeping on!
  • twinmom430
    twinmom430 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Me, me, me!!! I lost really quick at first....to this date 1 year 1 month, I've lost 59 lbs....but I have only lost a pould or 2 since October!!!! So frustrating....I'm still chugging along, usually I'd give up by now with no results...but I still feel if I don't lose another lbs, I don't want to gain back the 59 I already lost. One of these days I'm hoping I start losing again to get rid of the last 23 I want to lose!
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    It's taken me 18 months to lose 60lbs, so yes, I lose very slowly. It's really frustrating, especially as my diet is pretty good, and I work out 5 times a week, run round after 2 small kids, work part time as a teacher and stand up at work all day.

I have lost over 10 inches off my hips, off each thigh, and off my waist though, plus I have built muscle from strength training. I only have 13lbs to go until I am my ideal weight, so my loss is even slower now!
  • pineygirl
    pineygirl Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I'm a very slow loser. I've been tracking calories and working out 6 days a week (mix of weight lifting, circuit training and cardio), usually netting 250-500 calories under my TDEE for the past month (was doing the 1200 calorie thing for the first 2-3 weeks).

I fluctuate a bit from day to day and have managed to drop by 2lbs, but today I gained back the 2lbs and and am at my starting weight again.

This will most likely be me for the next 12-16 weeks. It takes me 6-8 months to lose 5lbs and over a year to lose 10lbs.

I have a very slow metabolism and seem to really hang on to fat.
  • RaeaJade
    Options
    That would be me! It took me four years to lose 60 pounds. All I did was change my lifestyle and the weight started coming off on its own. But now that I'm down 60 pounds I can see the finish line (15-20lbs away!) and I want to kick it up into high gear. Instead I've been plateaued for almost four months. It's very frustrating.
  • TrishJimenez
    TrishJimenez Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I only lost .4 lbs last week dont know why. My goal is only 1 lb a week for the whole year, dont know if that counts as a slow looser
  • rushikareddy
    rushikareddy Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Very very slow progress here as well!! I've been trying to lose weight for four months now! Weight has not budged even a bit! I joined MFP ten days ago! Still no difference! Now I am doing the Atkins! It's day one! Will Post results if I have any! Desperate measures! Sigh :(
  • lisasch67
    lisasch67 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I'm as slow as they come. I've lost 50lbs, but it's been over 4 years. And I started MFP in Aug 2011, but I am only down 12lbs since joining. I live a much healthier lifestyle overall so it doesn't bother me as much.
  • 135OHK
    135OHK Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Me too! Thank goodness we don't have to feel like we're the only ones in this frustrating situation. At first I lost 20 pretty easily. Then I got stuck for about 2 months....then I lost some more for a total of 38. Got stuck again for a few months, then gained about 5 pounds back. The holidays came and I put on a few more. And now it's taken two months to lose more and I am now at 34 pounds lost. But I am NOT giving up. Sometimes seeing other people lose 100 pounds in 9 months or a year upsets me, but like other's said....slow and easy wins the race. I too don't want to lose it all fast just to gain it all back again. I here to learn how to eat and maintain the loss. Good luck everyone!!!
  • luvmydog2
    luvmydog2 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    :wink: Yes i am one of them ... My Doctor only wants 1 kilo a month off , as i have other medical problems to consider .
    I am slightly higher calories than most ... but seems to be working for me . :wink:
    Have lost 13 kilograms ... Gained one kilo over Xmas but have lost it again ..\0/ \0/ \0/ ...
    Have ten more to go ...hoping this year 2013 will do it . Took me 12 months ... to loose 13 kilo so staying positive ...The longer it takes , the more chance of keeping it off ... Is my Dr ...motto .
    I log every day good or bad ... :smile: Good luck on your Journey .
  • sjanney007
    Options
    Are you lifting as well? I average about two lbs per week and I think that's great for me. Yes, it can be frustrating, but I think it's important to tone/shape as the pounds come off. Studies have shown that people who lose the weight slower have a higher percentage of success at keeping it off.....so congratulations on your slow weight loss! ;)