Super bowl....

Options

Replies

• ICarla
    ICarla Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I'm super happy that the RAVENS won. Its a great day to be a BALTIMOREAN!!!!!!

I loved the Tide commercial with the 49ers and the Ravens. I also liked the Taco Bell commercial with the old folks that was funny.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    I liked the Budweiser commercial with the horse.

That was my favorite too. I watched the extended version and teared up. LOL

I didn't like the entire commercial, but the goat screaming the Doritos ad was hilarious. Other than that, not impressed with the commercials this year.

I am a Boldin fan. Glad to see him have a good game & win the Superbowl. Can he come back to the Cards now? :laugh:

Boldin should have gotten some MVP consideration. He is a beast.
  • ICarla
    Options
    I didn't want Ray Lewis to go out on top. He is a fraud, and probably worse.

I have friends who are Ravens fans, so I am happy for them. But I will still root against the Ravens in every game they play. That said, it didn't ruin my day. I was glad that the game became a close game, because I was getting ready to give up on it. I fixed some wings during the lights out, and that was able to keep my buffalo sauce soaked fingers off the remote

The Taco Bell with the elderly people was pretty funny commercial. But that's the only one that sticks out.

I liked the Paul Harvey one, but it seemed too long. And the Clydesdale reunion seems too cheesy.

Why must everyone hate on Ray Lewis. Like he said "No Weapon". If God is for him who can be against him? Apparently no one. Because no matter what anyone says he went out on TOP! He has made mistakes, but has redeemed himself.
  • ICarla
    Options
    I liked the Budweiser commercial with the horse.

That was my favorite too. I watched the extended version and teared up. LOL

I didn't like the entire commercial, but the goat screaming the Doritos ad was hilarious. Other than that, not impressed with the commercials this year.

I am a Boldin fan. Glad to see him have a good game & win the Superbowl. Can he come back to the Cards now? :laugh:

NO WAY! Yout can't have him back. Lol.
  • wolverine66
    Options
    I didn't even watch the halftime show. I was putting my son to bed. According to my twitter feed it was either the best one or the worst one OF ALL TIME.

I don't mind Beyonce, she's just not someone I have to make a point to see.
  • brandymandycandy
    Options
    I didn't even watch the halftime show. I was putting my son to bed. According to my twitter feed it was either the best one or the worst one OF ALL TIME.

No Black Eyed Peas was the worst one ever!
  • Bumdrahp
    Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options

OH.. MY GOD! I REMEMBER THIS!!

THAT was the WORST I have ever ever ever heard! it was god awful.
  • SlickFootAnna
    SlickFootAnna Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Superbowl?

What is that? I'm too focused on the fact that the power went out....
  • brandymandycandy
    Options
    Superbowl?

What is that? I'm too focused on the fact that the power went out....

LOL :laugh:
  • 2credneck208
    2credneck208 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Neither was my team, but I had to go for the Ravens since my dad is a niners fan. My fave commercial was the budweiser clydesdale, made me tear up.
  • brandymandycandy
    Options
    watched it with an empty house for the first time in years (as in, no guests) and actually got bored toward the end. this commercial was the highlight of the game in my opinion...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT_IfYL5ODOC2X42GO7M_Tu3xbtJceTkPiPGxfzNdQPCgNPtxD4

Panting lol!!! Loved the commerical!
  • wolverine66
    Options
    I didn't want Ray Lewis to go out on top. He is a fraud, and probably worse.

I have friends who are Ravens fans, so I am happy for them. But I will still root against the Ravens in every game they play. That said, it didn't ruin my day. I was glad that the game became a close game, because I was getting ready to give up on it. I fixed some wings during the lights out, and that was able to keep my buffalo sauce soaked fingers off the remote

The Taco Bell with the elderly people was pretty funny commercial. But that's the only one that sticks out.

I liked the Paul Harvey one, but it seemed too long. And the Clydesdale reunion seems too cheesy.

Why must everyone hate on Ray Lewis. Like he said "No Weapon". If God is for him who can be against him? Apparently no one. Because no matter what anyone says he went out on TOP! He has made mistakes, but has redeemed himself.

I don't know why "everyone" hate on Ray Lewis. I know why I do. I'm not going to argue about it. He had involvement in a crime, and got off. He has this fake persona that he uses. He preaches in the name of God and does some things that do not seem to me to be very Christian-like. He takes performance enhancing drugs to get back on the field for this season, and pretends it's a miracle.

Now you can either choose to let that all slide, which many do. Or you can hold that against him, as many do. I don't care that you are a fan of his. Celebrate him all you want. Just give me the same courtesy of not trying to sell him to me as this divine person.
  • ChaiSpyce
    Options
    Ravens! That Go Daddy commercial was disgusting.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    i thought it SUCKED!, from start to finish!
    SUCKED!
  • edge_dragoncaller
    edge_dragoncaller Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Favorite Commercials :
    Budlight Voodoo, M&M, Clydesdale

Lease liked Commercial :
    Go Daddy

Halftime show :
    Suuuuucked. Serioulsy, it took 1/3 of the thing before she even really started to sing. When the two other members of Destiny's Child sang as much as she did, and they were only on the stage for a couple minutes...not good. Also, about 1/2 way through the act when they brought up that Wall behind her? I'll bet the fans on the other side of that wall were PISSED.

The Game :
    It was a good game :) It was hard fought on both side and all around...just great.
  • SlickFootAnna
    SlickFootAnna Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Also, halftime show sucked...

Yeah, I don't like Beyonce, whatever. Her crappy music ughs....

I was expecting an epic halftime show. Fail.
  • brandymandycandy
    Options
    Halftime show :
    Suuuuucked. Serioulsy, it took 1/3 of the thing before she even really started to sing. When the two other members of Destiny's Child sang as much as she did, and they were only on the stage for a couple minutes...not good. Also, about 1/2 way through the act when they brought up that Wall behind her? I'll bet the fans on the other side of that wall were PISSED.

My husband said the same thing, he asked me if she was actually a singer or just a dancer!
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    It was a good game, and while neither was my team, I was definitely siding with the Ravens. Got a real kick out of seeing the guy make a 'confetti angel'.

Commercials... godaddy was awful. Loved the M&Ms, Tide and Budwiser ones. Okay, so I enjoyed CK's as well.

Beyonce was a huge disappointment. Not the worst halftime show, but certainly a waste of time and energy.
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options

I have to agree, Black Eyed Peas was the worst. I am not a Madonna fan, but I thought she did a great job last year, and that's because she shared the stage with several acts. If it wasn't all about Beyonce I think it would have been better. Destiny's Child kept her in check.