HELP!! Menu Planning for this WEEK!! HELP!!

Options
mmbax06
mmbax06 Posts: 20 Member
I'm having a really hard time planning my menu for this week. I want really good choices, but have no clue what I would like to fix. My budget is roughly $75/week. Yes, it's doable. Thank You ALDI! Any suggestions or recipes?

Replies

• sarah5423
    sarah5423 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Without knowing your tastes or if you want breakfast / lunch / dinner recipes - I thought I would let you know what I did yesterday to prep for my working week - these are for breakfast, lunch and snacks - I don't pre prepare dinners as my husband says how does he know what he will want to eat on Wednesday :smile:

Overnight oats with toppings of frozen mango, blueberries and banna
    Egg muffins with laughing cow cheese and red peppers (just 37 calories)
    Spinach, mushroom, pumpkin and pepper crustless quiche - divided up and split over 4 days (90 calories a slice)
    Chicken Salad
    Fat free yoghurts
    Individual berry puff pancakes with greek yoghurt

Not sure if this will help but gives you a starting point - let me know if you want any further info on the recipes.... :wink:
  • RobinC37
    RobinC37 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    -1lb ground turkey= 4 4oz portions for burgers, tacos, breakfast scrambles
    -1 lb boneless skinless breasts for stir frys, grilled chicken, etc
    -2-3 sweet potatos make a great "dessert" evening snack with some cinnamon, cloves, and a little pat of butter, I eat 1/2-1 potato as a serving
    -1 package of whole wheat wraps for breakfast burritos
    -1 package of turkey or regular bacon with low sodium (lasts me 2 weeks)
    -2-3 can of tuna
    -Laughing Cow light creamy Swiss
    - 1 lb frozen salmon (2 weeks)
    -3 cucumbers
    -baby spinach or kale
    -carrots
    -4 greek yogurts
    -1 tub hummus
    -1 box veggie crackers
    -1 onion
    -1 dozen eggs
    -3 bell peppers
    -frozen strawberries
    -5lb bag of apples
    -frozen green beans
    - low sodium deli meat
    - whole grain bread for open face sandwiches
    -1 can tri color beans for bean burgers (I serve with Laughing Cow and turkey bacon bits over a bed of spinach)
    -1 tub garlic hummus

Thats my typical shopping list ~$60 at Kroger with sales. If you need more specific recipes, let me know.
  • KarenCurry81
    Options
    Shop at your local farmers market for all your veggies and fruit. I bought a ton of stuff today and only spent $21 and we are a family of 7.
  • capnlizard
    capnlizard Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Massive pot of chili = many, many meals! Maybe a pot of 3-bean turkey chili? Filling and low cal, uses canned beans and some spices, and feeds a LOT of people....reheats well, too! This is my typical cheap go-to, because I almost always have canned beans in my cupboard, since I stock up whenever they are on sale, as well as all of the spices. Realistically, all I have to buy is the onion, pepper, garlic, turkey, and tomatoes (and I often have crushed tomatoes on hand, too...), so it doesn't end up costing more than maybe $10 for me to pull this together. The batch probably makes about 8-10 servings.

Saute 1 chopped onion, 1 chopped green bell pepper, 3 cloves minced garlic in a soup pot or dutch oven until translucent. Add in 1 package (roughly 1.33 lbs) ground turkey or ground chicken. Cook until no pink is left; add 2 tablespoons cumin, 2 tablespoons chili powder, 1 tablespoon dried oregano, and cayenne pepper to taste. Add in 28oz crushed tomatoes and 1 cup water. Bring to a simmer and cook, covered, for 30 minutes. Drain and rinse one can each of black beans, kidney beans, and pintos. Add to chili, remove cover, and cook for an additional 20 minutes.
  • MGMum
    MGMum Posts: 29
    Options
    My kids and I LOVE Crock Pot Santa Fe Chicken from www.skinnytaste.com We eat it in wraps or on rice. We also love her Fiesta Lime Rice. Same ingredients really. We will put chicken in the Fiesta Lime Rice sometimes.
  • andersonjo0306
    andersonjo0306 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Every weekend I make a crock pot meal that can be easily divided for my lunches. I have made chili, chicken veggie soup, borsht, butternut squash soup with curry. By doing this I end up with a selection of foods in the freezer so I dont get bored. The crustless quiche previously mentioned is an awesome way to pre prepare breakfast. I also hard boil 1 dozen eggs, peel and store for a quick after workout snack
  • lauridye
    Options
    This dip is Da Bomb!!!!

1 C Cottage Cheese
    1 Pkg Good Season’s Mix
    ¼ of 1 onion
    Put into a food processer & blend till smooth like dip
    ¼ C Red Pepper Chopped fine
    Stir in by hand.

Use to dip your veggies, wheat thins or anything for that matter.
    Depending on what % of the cottage cheese you use will determine your calories.
  • kerramarie
    kerramarie Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    bump!