Super bowl....

Options
13»

Replies

• jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    WELL....A true BLUE COLTS fan! The only thing I can say....the lights didn't go out at Lucas Oil Stadium last year!!!

Hahaha! Go Colts!!
  • sjwildes
    Options
    I'm a Green and Gold gal Packer fan all the way!!! But I wanted the 9er's to win too :( So sad they didn't!!
  • terri0527
    terri0527 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Didn't have a favorite in the Super Bowl but pulled for the Ravens....fav commercial hands down was the 1. Budweiser Clydesdale...what a tearjerker 2. Dodge...God Bless The Farmers!! 3. Doritos Goat 4 Sale....I would have just ate him w/ a side of Doritos and been done with him. :bigsmile: :laugh:
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I didn't even watch the halftime show. I was putting my son to bed. According to my twitter feed it was either the best one or the worst one OF ALL TIME.

I don't mind Beyonce, she's just not someone I have to make a point to see.

No Black Eyed Peas was the worst one ever!

I have to agree, Black Eyed Peas was the worst. I am not a Madonna fan, but I thought she did a great job last year, and that's because she shared the stage with several acts. If it wasn't all about Beyonce I think it would have been better. Destiny's Child kept her in check.

I have to agree as well. The best part of the half time show was seeing Destiny's Child back together. Did you see Kelly Rowland's arms?? :love: She looks AMAZING!! Beyonce by herself wasn't near as good....and YES the Black Eyed Peas were terrible!!
  • BrotherBill913
    BrotherBill913 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Vegas had S.F. at 4.5 So to see Baltimore come out of the gate like that was pretty cool.

I was happy to see Joe Flacco get M.V.P. he won it not Ray Lewis who will certainly have to face our maker one day and answer for the 2 murders. No doubt about that.

As far as a commercial it was the Paul Harvey one w/o a doubt. I 'm not a farmer. But I do have a lifelong friend who owns his familys farm, I go twice a year and drive a Combine to help out. Kinda like City Slickers, lol......
  • ICarla
    ICarla Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I didn't want Ray Lewis to go out on top. He is a fraud, and probably worse.

I have friends who are Ravens fans, so I am happy for them. But I will still root against the Ravens in every game they play. That said, it didn't ruin my day. I was glad that the game became a close game, because I was getting ready to give up on it. I fixed some wings during the lights out, and that was able to keep my buffalo sauce soaked fingers off the remote

The Taco Bell with the elderly people was pretty funny commercial. But that's the only one that sticks out.

I liked the Paul Harvey one, but it seemed too long. And the Clydesdale reunion seems too cheesy.

Why must everyone hate on Ray Lewis. Like he said "No Weapon". If God is for him who can be against him? Apparently no one. Because no matter what anyone says he went out on TOP! He has made mistakes, but has redeemed himself.

I don't know why "everyone" hate on Ray Lewis. I know why I do. I'm not going to argue about it. He had involvement in a crime, and got off. He has this fake persona that he uses. He preaches in the name of God and does some things that do not seem to me to be very Christian-like. He takes performance enhancing drugs to get back on the field for this season, and pretends it's a miracle.

Now you can either choose to let that all slide, which many do. Or you can hold that against him, as many do. I don't care that you are a fan of his. Celebrate him all you want. Just give me the same courtesy of not trying to sell him to me as this divine person.

It's not about letting anything slide. Ray Lewis was charged with involvment in the crime. He was not found guilty of murder. Although some thought he was guilty. To believe in our justice system is to stand by it whether you agree with the outcome or not. He owes you or anyone else nothing, because according to a court of law he is innocent. Granted he was there that night and we really don't know what happened. However, it is not up to you or anyone else to judge him or his new found spiritual understanding. Perhaps he is being "Christian-like" but rather asserting his faith as he sees it. As far as the performance enhancing drugs...thats a whole other debate. He retired yesterday and has never been proven to use such drugs. So until they prove it and strip him of his ring....lets leave that alone.
  • ICarla
    ICarla Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Vegas had S.F. at 4.5 So to see Baltimore come out of the gate like that was pretty cool.

I was happy to see Joe Flacco get M.V.P. he won it not Ray Lewis who will certainly have to face our maker one day and answer for the 2 murders. No doubt about that.

As far as a commercial it was the Paul Harvey one w/o a doubt. I 'm not a farmer. But I do have a lifelong friend who owns his familys farm, I go twice a year and drive a Combine to help out. Kinda like City Slickers, lol......

Maybe I'm a little on the defense for my man Ray today. But personally, I was happy to see Joe Flacco get MVP...well...because he deserved it. Ray, like all of us, will have to answer for things at the gates of heaven. But it's not for us to determine what he will answer for. If you weren't there that night you can't say he is responsible for the murder. IJS
  • alschultz33
    alschultz33 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Ravens all the way! So proud of them! It was a team effort, they fought hard, and they deserved the win. I'm so over the hype with Ray Lewis. I'm a fan and I think he's a great motivator for the team, but I'm sick of people hating the entire team b/c of how they feel about one player. Ravens Nation!

The Tide commercial was one of my favs. Well the end was haha.

And yes, the Go Daddy commercial made me cringe. Yuck.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    My favorite part of the game was the apple walnut cake with cream cheese frosting; the stuff of legends!
  • brandymandycandy
    Options

I can't even believe they played that one!!!! I actually muted the TV AND turned my head lol.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options

It's not about letting anything slide. Ray Lewis was charged with involvment in the crime. He was not found guilty of murder. Although some thought he was guilty. To believe in our justice system is to stand by it whether you agree with the outcome or not. He owes you or anyone else nothing, because according to a court of law he is innocent. Granted he was there that night and we really don't know what happened. However, it is not up to you or anyone else to judge him or his new found spiritual understanding. Perhaps he is being "Christian-like" but rather asserting his faith as he sees it. As far as the performance enhancing drugs...thats a whole other debate. He retired yesterday and has never been proven to use such drugs. So until they prove it and strip him of his ring....lets leave that alone.

He came back from an injury in a few weeks that a) no one has ever come back from and b) was projected to take him 10 months to heal. so, you can use the "Lance Armstrong defense," and I will just go by the events as they occurred to form my own opinion.

But that's neither here nor there, because I am not trying to change your mind about him.

Like I said, celebrate him. Praise Jesus that Ray-Ray has God on his side and he plays for your favorite team. But I think to say that you don't understand how some people can not like him is disingenuous. There are plenty of reasons to not like him. And you can either over look those reasons, focus on the things you perceive to be redeeming qualities - which I understand a lot of Ravens fans do - or not. I have chosen the latter. It really doesn't effect him either way. All I do is root against him.

In my opinion, he is a fraud, a possible murderer, an abetter, a cheater, and a complete phoney. In your eyes he's a great man. You are judging him as much as I am, just in a different way. I might be wrong, but I'll take my chances.
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options

I can't even believe they played that one!!!! I actually muted the TV AND turned my head lol.

I think it's the best superbowl commercial ever.
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Awesome, edge of your seat game. I loved it, I was not happy with the Ravens win. But neither team is my team, so I wasn't devastated either. I didn't see any of the commercials, commercials bore me, even the Superbowl kind. Great game, can't wait for next season!! :)
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    The game itself was awesome! I’m stoked the Ravens won only because, living in Reno, I didn’t really want to move into Colin Kaepernick’s backside with the rest of this town (not that there was much room left, considering Phil Simms seems to have taken up residency there).

The commercials…definitely the Dorito commercials (the goat & the guys dressed up for tea). I liked the car commercial where the kid went out to find a team to get his football back (seriously, who didn’t crack up at the kid wrestling the bear, LOL!). The Go-Daddy commercial…that was too vile for words.

Halftime…at least she didn’t annihilate “Sweet Child O’ Mine” like Fergie…aside from that…AWFUL! It was 98% booty shaking & 2% singing. Thanks; but no thanks…
  • alphamom1337
    Options
    Steelers Fan here too! It was almost painful to root for the Ravens since they are in our division but I didn't want the 49ers to have 6 Superbowls wins either!
  • brandymandycandy
    Options
    The game itself was awesome! I’m stoked the Ravens won only because, living in Reno, I didn’t really want to move into Colin Kaepernick’s backside with the rest of this town (not that there was much room left, considering Phil Simms seems to have taken up residency there).

The commercials…definitely the Dorito commercials (the goat & the guys dressed up for tea). I liked the car commercial where the kid went out to find a team to get his football back (seriously, who didn’t crack up at the kid wrestling the bear, LOL!). The Go-Daddy commercial…that was too vile for words.

Halftime…at least she didn’t annihilate “Sweet Child O’ Mine” like Fergie…aside from that…AWFUL! It was 98% booty shaking & 2% singing. Thanks; but no thanks…

I liked the Doritos commerical with the guys dressing up for tea, it was funny!

Yeah I could have done without this years half time show.
  • brandymandycandy
    Options
    Steelers Fan here too! It was almost painful to root for the Ravens since they are in our division but I didn't want the 49ers to have 6 Superbowls wins either!

:drinker:
  • edge_dragoncaller
    edge_dragoncaller Posts: 826 Member
    Options

Steelers fan here as well...and my loyalty goes like this...

1. Steelers
    2. Division ( Which means I wanted the Ravens to win this one )
    3. Conference ( except for the Patriots :tongue: )

No, but she did manage to kill Halo, and it's one of her own songs.....
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    That Go Daddy commercial was disgusting.

I just hate the sounds of sloppy kissing.

^^This. It was the worst commercial in superbowl history
  • brandymandycandy
    Options

Steelers fan here as well...and my loyalty goes like this...

1. Steelers
    2. Division ( Which means I wanted the Ravens to win this one )
    3. Conference ( except for the Patriots :tongue: )

11745834-steelers-man-cave-rules.jpg

:wink: