When is a good time to weigh yourself?

Options

Replies

• Desterknee
    Desterknee Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    In the morning after you've made a deposit at the porcelain bank.
  • Lottiehill29
    Lottiehill29 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Sorry guys, I should have said how frequent haha
    I mean like once a week/month or twice a week etc

I tend to weigh myself first thing in a morning too.

Thanks for all your replies!
  • Lottiehill29
    Options
    NOT on a Monday morning after eating chili & PB sammiches the night before :noway:

haha probably not a good idea!
  • wadedawg
    wadedawg Posts: 315
    Options
    I weigh in first thing every Monday morning, immediately after using the restroom, before I eat or drink anything.
  • volleygirl1980
    volleygirl1980 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    The first of every month..otherwise I'd getting too hung up on the numbers. It seems to be working - I lost 14 pounds last month! (the first month..)

I find that if I don't know how I'm doing - I tend to push myself more..
  • nabak147112
    nabak147112 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    i weigh myself first thing in the morning after i use the restroom and with no clothes on
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Every Friday. My company has some weight loss thing and weigh-in is on Friday.
  • xBethanyJadex
    Options
    Every Sunday morning pre-breakfast and post-bathroom. I wear clothes but not shoes.
    I personally wouldn't be able to wait a month to find out if I've lost weight!

36849318.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • mamaspzoo
    Options
    Hi!

I think one a week or 2 weeks, coz 1 or 2 lbs makes no diffrent:) I weigh myself vevery saturday with no clothes on :)
  • Lottiehill29
    Options
    The first of every month..otherwise I'd getting too hung up on the numbers. It seems to be working - I lost 14 pounds last month! (the first month..)

That's a really sensible way to do it I think.
    I'd be exactly like you and get too focussed on how much I've lost if I was doing it a couple of times a week.
    I guess I can only try different methods and see what works best for myself.

Congratulations on the 14lbs loss though! that's awesome!
  • lillovelylady
    Options
    That is an awesome idea!!!
  • amandaward709
    Options
    I weigh and record every Wednesday morning. During the rest of the week, I might weigh if I've had a particularly good or bad day... just for motivation. I also do not get freaked out by fluctuations, so it's no big deal.
  • Lottiehill29
    Options
    Every Sunday morning pre-breakfast and post-bathroom. I wear clothes but not shoes.
    I personally wouldn't be able to wait a month to find out if I've lost weight!

36849318.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Good point! I'd be chomping at the bit to find out, especially if I felt like I had lost some, I'd be desperate to know!
  • seventry
    Options
    I usually weight on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays. And it's better to do it at the same hour everytime. I use to do it at 6 or 7 PM so I see the differences between everytime I weight myself :smile:
  • CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    At least daily. I just think its interesting to see the differences in weight over the course of the days and weeks. I only record when it's lower than I've recorded before and don't worry about the fluctuations.
  • vicky1804
    vicky1804 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh in once a week on Sunday's, im trying to weigh just one a month now
  • aa62579
    Options
    Almost daily for me, although I do not count weekend weigh-ins since I sleep a bit later and have normally gone to the bathroom a few more times than during the week.

I only count weigh-ins that occur first thing in the morning, before 6:30 am, after urination only, either naked or undies only. Only a sip of water to take a pill - no other influences like eating or drinking or showering or working out, etc.

I know my weight fluctuates some and I need many numbers per week so that I can get a real feel for my weight (basically an average of the numbers) versus getting upset because you weighed on a high day or getting excited about a low number that might be a bit of a fluke that makes your next weigh-in look bad.
  • jmac39574
    Options

^^^^^ This, also it allows me to focus on improving myself rather than be OCD about numbers. Rather be healthy than a number.
  • TaniaB_79
    TaniaB_79 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Currently I weigh daily as I'm interested in my fluctuations and patterns but the only one that 'counts' and that I record on here is my Friday morning weigh in.