New 30 day shred support group

Options
I just created a group for women who are starting 30 day shred. I am planning on starting tomorrow but, I have a feeling that I am going to need all of the encouragement and support that I can get. I hope to find some members who are in the same position.
I already created the group and posted my introduction. I assume that we can all post after our workouts and explain how it went, we can answer other's questions and we can celebrate our completed and accomplished goals!

Good luck to everyone! I hope to get some requests, messages or just a reply below asking for an invitation!

Replies

• corneredbycorn
    corneredbycorn Posts: 267 Member
    Options
  • TLTucker80
    TLTucker80 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I am actually starting the 30 day shred tomorrow too. So this group is great for me I would like to join it thats ok
  • JennipherBrown
    JennipherBrown Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm starting the 30 day shred today glad I found this group!
  • luxy44
    luxy44 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    i'm going to start doing 30 day shred today as well. hope i can stick to it.
  • ljmiller11
    ljmiller11 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys,

As a little motivation I thought I'd share my story. I've been doing 30DS for 21 days now and I have lost 10lbs and several inches. Not to mention how much better I feel (and hopefully look!) in my clothes. Somedays you will get that can't be bothered feeling but push through and enjoy the feeling you get after when you know it's done you good.

My tip would be to take a photo on Day 1, one at Day 15 and 1 at the end. My middle pic looks SO much better than my Day 1 pic!

You can do it! Good luck :)
  • allnaday
    allnaday Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    i have the dvd so no reason for me not to join you guys. count me in.........
  • kmchambers64
    kmchambers64 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Started today so I am with you all. But can someone fill me in on the recommended days on and days off.
  • ljmiller11
    ljmiller11 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Started today so I am with you all. But can someone fill me in on the recommended days on and days off.

In my understanding you are meant to do it every day for 30 days (Level 1 x 10, Level 2 x 10 and Level 3 x 10). However, I have been doing it 5 times a week and then something different on the other two, maybe a walk for example.
  • healthyandthin1
    healthyandthin1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I just started and finished Level 1 of Day 1 today so definitely joining!
  • lisaolliswashington
    Options
    Im starting today as well! I had a baby 6 months ago and havent lost the weight. Need all the encouragement, i can get. And I will return the favor.
    GOOD LUCK EVERYONE :smile:
  • kmchambers64
    Options

In my understanding you are meant to do it every day for 30 days (Level 1 x 10, Level 2 x 10 and Level 3 x 10). However, I have been doing it 5 times a week and then something different on the other two, maybe a walk for example.
  • kmchambers64
    Options

Thanks, it was a butt kicker today.
  • lincs_lass
    lincs_lass Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I bought the DVD and only did it a few times, maybe this should kick start me back into it! Have done 30 mins on the treadmill plus some hoola hooping today, so will start tomorrow! :)
  • LaniLani999
    LaniLani999 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I started 2 days ago so today I am on Day 3 of 30DS. Glad I found this post.
  • luxy44
    luxy44 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Just completed my first day of level 1. My knees are really weak, i tried my best to do the lunges. After the workout i felt like my bosy was shaking. Isit normal for your body to shake after exercise? Is there any alternatives to lunges that i can do? Do i need to do any other exercises to see results or will this be enough on its own?
  • kmchambers64
    Options
    Just completed my first day of level 1. My knees are really weak, i tried my best to do the lunges. After the workout i felt like my bosy was shaking. Isit normal for your body to shake after exercise? Is there any alternatives to lunges that i can do? Do i need to do any other exercises to see results or will this be enough on its own?

I think it is dependent on the shape you are to begin with. That said, I just completed 30 days of walk away the pounds, 3 miles. Did it regularly, so I thought that the cardio would be the easiest part of the 30 day shred. Not so. I was shaking at the end as well. It will get easier.
  • hmorrish
    hmorrish Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Just started 30 day today. I've done level 1 a few times but never finished, this time I'm determined to do it. My legs are hurting a bit which means it's working :)

Let's see how many inches we can loose.
  • Bookaholic88
    Bookaholic88 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    First day today, and it was great! Lets keep each other motivated!
  • joedyh
    Options
    I am on day 3! I would love to join.
  • Bookaholic88
    Bookaholic88 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    How are you logging this in the tracker? I don't have a HR monitor and I'm a bit confused.