Wii Team For May!

Options

Replies

• Cytherea
    Cytherea Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I'm in! =) I got the Wii Fit Plus for Christmas and I think it has a been a great start in exercising for me. My biggest problem is that I have to do it in the morning... and getting up early enough to do that, plus shower, and then get ready and get to work on time isn't always easy!
    I just love this feature. I have a 10-15 minute strength routine I do in the morning before work. It is so much faster to go through the exercises this way. Definitely worth the upgrade.

Howwwww do you do this?!?! This is one of my biggest gripes with the Wii Fit... you have to set aside an hour to do it but you're only getting in a 1/2 hr. of exercise!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    How about a skateboarding challenge? Beginner, because I need the motivation to even work up to the advanced! Let's do it!

I'm in.
  • sundinsgurl
    sundinsgurl Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    When I went home this weekend I tried my moms Wii Fit Plus - there are so many better games on it than my regular regular wii fit. I spent 30 mins on it on Saturday and than an hour yesterday! burning 103 and 163 calories. The best thing about the wii fit plus is that it actually keeps track of how many calories you burn while using it. She said I could borrow it but I forgot it.. ooppss

Guess I will have to use my wii fit until I get a chance to go home and get it from her
  • TwentyTen
    TwentyTen Posts: 585
    Options
    How about a skateboarding challenge? Beginner, because I need the motivation to even work up to the advanced! Let's do it!

I'm in.

Yay. A skateboarding challenge. Want to see someone take my title! Will post my score tonight after I have done it. Forget about the advanced, yikes.. it is so so much harder. I really need the challenge as I am having a time of it getting back to a routine .

Hope Monday is being good to everyone!!
  • capturethemoments3
    Options
    A skateboarding challenge it is! I will post my score tomorrow :) Let's just hope I can break 100!
  • rjadams
    Options
    A skateboarding challenge it is! I will post my score tomorrow :) Let's just hope I can break 100!

ditto
  • odessa_raven
    Options
    I have question to anyone here. How many calories do you think you burn play games on Wii Sports Resort or do you think at you burn as many as you do walking??? :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
    I think most of the games on Wii Sports Resort are higher intensity than average walking. I don't even bother trying to figure it out myself though - I just use my heart rate monitor. I haven't tried it on Wii Sports Resort yet because the idea of trying to keep it at that level for at least 30 minutes is a little intimidating. I suppose I should at least try it!
  • CinthiaF
    CinthiaF Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Thank you odessa_raven. i will be looking into the heart monitor next month and hope fully i can find one at a good price i hope
  • CinthiaF
    Options
    Well it has been a very busy day i have hardly been home to do anything on my computer. But yea i got some exercise in but i was way under my goal and i did not want to wake up hunger so i eat some stuff for my snack to help with that. I got some weights for my arm or legs and well it has been very hard using them. It's a thing that goes with The Biggest Loser stuff and i am wanting got the game and other stuff for it to help me lose weight. Ok this is to long so i will stop now
  • krklstephi
    krklstephi Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Ahhhhh So, yesterday I worked out for 30 mins. 15 on my Wii Active and 15 on my Wii Biggest Loser. It was challenge day on the biggest loser and 10 of that 15 was running football drills. Needless to say, I was worn out and barely made it through the cooldown stretching at the end. Woke up this morning sore, but after I finished my paper for school, I got my son and we did a Wii Active workout with a partner. I only did about 10 mins, but I am ok with that. Tomorrow I should do the Biggest Loser on the Wii. I think I am going to alternate them and make Wednesday and Saturday my days off from both.
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    Wow, it is impressive seein' ya'll really burning it up! :flowerforyou:

I managed a big 146 on the skateboarding tonight. Yowza!! :bigsmile: Now there's something for you all to shoot for that are in on that competition. I do want to be beat!! I tried the advanced again and failed miserably, one day i will make it through those rounds, but it won;t be anytime soon!

My laziness of the past couple weeks caught up with me, I gained 2lbs. O no no no!! :noway: Sure creeps on easier than it goes off doesn't it? Grrr. Well, I will definitely be using it as motivation to keep moving!

Monday down, Tuesday ahead Keep it up everybody!!
  • rjadams
    Options
    okay so I finaly broke 100 today on skateboarding. I got 102 today. I will try again tomorrow to boost my score. I really think it is fun. I also have a love hate realtionship with super hula on 10 minutes. Its a great burn and I force myself to do it but ugh!

I also just did day 6 of the 6 week challenge on EA ACtive more workouts. I set myself up on hard and it is good. 16 pushups twice kills me but I struggle thru. So far I can handle every thing else without too much trouble.

I am only really able to put Wii Fit in my workout scedule 2 or three times a week right now. I am doing so much else. So thanks for the challenge to give me a reason to add it in.
  • capturethemoments3
    Options
    Well I did the skateboarding today, what was I thinking starting up a challenge?!?! Well I did break 100, I got 110 which is my highest score to date. I just wish I could get better, but that is what practice is for! So far looks like TwentyTen is in the lead for the challenge.

Let's hear everybody scores!
  • burgee
    burgee Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice, I'll give active another go. I would recommend getting wii fit plus well worth the money and better than wii fit.
  • yankeefamily05
    Options
    So I have been running on the elip 6 days a week..and every other day I am doing yoga/strength training on the wii fit:).....
    its fun!....Those jackknives work wonders:)
  • rjadams
    Options
    Okay, I only had a few minutes to Wii today. I got an new high score for me on Skateboarding. 126!!!! woo hoo!! but It still isn't good enough so I will try to better it but I am not sure when I will get the chance.
  • CinthiaF
    Options
    I am trying walking with my 1.5lbs and well it fells funny. But i think it could help me a lot.Good Evening Everyone. How is it going? Hope all is well. I weighed in for my other group Friday and well i gained 4/10 of a pound. You loss some and you gain some. So no biggie really. I am not perfect or anything. I lost 1.8lbs sense the last time weighed-in. Happy dance :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    Okay, I only had a few minutes to Wii today. I got an new high score for me on Skateboarding. 126!!!! woo hoo!! but It still isn't good enough so I will try to better it but I am not sure when I will get the chance.

Way to go!!! Looks like I have some competition now. And tfrank trailing close behind! Thanks for posting the scores, it helps me to get myself up off the couch now and get down to business. Half way through the week, cannot lose momentum now. How is it possible the month is nearly half way over as well, how???

Keep it up everyone!!
  • capturethemoments3
    Options

Way to go!!! Looks like I have some competition now. And tfrank trailing close behind! Thanks for posting the scores, it helps me to get myself up off the couch now and get down to business. Half way through the week, cannot lose momentum now. How is it possible the month is nearly half way over as well, how???

Keep it up everyone!!

Man you guys did awesome on the skateboarding! I wil attempt to do better today, we will see what happens! What happened to everyone else out there that wanted to join the competittion? Don't be scared, post your scores!
  • capturethemoments3
    Options

Keep it up everyone!!

Man you guys did awesome on the skateboarding! I wil attempt to do better today, we will see what happens! What happened to everyone else out there that wanted to join the competittion? Don't be scared, post your scores!