need a boost and some advice

Options
On 26th May 2011 I stood on a friend's fancy pants scales and stood on them again today. My weight has been up and down in the interim period but I committed myself to changing my lifestyle, exercising more and getting healthier at the end of 2012.

So where's the problem? Well pounds are coming off but body fat has actually gone up and I'm losing muscle. Is the answer to cut carbs back and boost protein? The friend works for herbalife but I don't want to be living off shakes....that's not a sustainable lifestyle for me.

Michelle

Replies

• Stenobun
    Stenobun Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the 30 Day Shred? I built a lot of muscle doing that.
  • sbjmorgan
    sbjmorgan Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    The answer is to start doing some sort of muscle-building! Boosting protein is only going to help if you're boosting your strength training :)

Try easy body-weight exercises like pilates for beginners. Don't need any equipment for that! Or if you're willing to buy a couple of dumbbells or a kettlebell, look up exercises for that. Push yourself and you'll find you're gaining muscle soon enough.
  • meechster20001
    meechster20001 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips, will find out what classes the gym has and fit it in with couch to 5k. Worried about fat going up and muscle down :(