Trying on your old clothes is SUCH good motivation.

Options
As great as those numbers dropping on the scales can be, I have found noticing that pair of jeans gradually feeling looser and looser to be a far greater motive for keeping on the calorie counting...

Does anyone else have an item of clothing they have kept SOLELY for the purpose of trying it on every now and again and thinking "Whoah, look how much I've lost!"??

Trying on your "bigger" clothes = Brilliant THINSPIRATION!

Replies

• jsturman
    jsturman Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    So true! All my old clothes hang on me, and I now wear a belt which I haven't done for years! Even greater when people start noticing too!:smile:
  • TruSunshine
    TruSunshine Posts: 178
    Options
    I'M GUILTY!! I totally agree. I've only lost 8 lbs so far, but I can definitely "feel" the difference. I have a closet full of items I can't wait to get back into :tongue:
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    I have this one pair of jeans......I call it my tester jeans.....I wore it last month...it was tight as can be.....but a few months ago it couldnt even pass my thighs

So I know in a few weeks it will be just right
  • cymills
    cymills Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Ohhh so true! I have stepped away from the scales , as the numbers were driving me crazy. 1lb up & .5 down - crazzzie!
    I am not sure if I have lost more - but my skinny clothes at the back of my closet sure make me feel great! BTW - when clothes get too loose- out they go. I have donated many items in the last 4 weeks!
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of size 14 Gap jeans that were made before they put any lycra into them (early 90s?) and even though I'm in 14s in work clothes the jeans are still too tight - but they're my test pants. I also have a pair of size ten Banana Republic jeans to use for the next phase :bigsmile:

I have been getting rid of my old clothes as quickly as I thin out of them - but your idea is a good one! I do have a pair of pants that I would wear at my heaviest (must have looked ridiculous) that still fit (baggy but not falling off) and I think I'll keep them for my "before" pants!:wink:
  • TnTHawkins
    TnTHawkins Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I actually have a whole wardrobe waiting for me ranging from size 32 to 36. I could probably wear the 36 now but I'm waiting until I hit the 200 mark.
  • MelissaLu
    MelissaLu Posts: 83
    Options
    LOL so cool, I was just thinking about this tonight. I wore this really nice dress shirt and it felt like I was wearing a bag. Only a month ago, it fit me perfectly ^_^ Even the jeans that I just bought last month are lose on me; I have lost a few inches since buying them. Loving the feeling
  • SayRah
    SayRah Posts: 104
    Options
    I wear size 8 jeans I just now noticed that they are SUPER loose on me...if I'm not wearing a belt they'll slide right off! And I've only been exercising for a week! It's a great feeling for me, not so much for my wallet. If I'm really down to a size 6, then I'll have to get new jeans within the next few months.
  • Mom2Emery_Liam
    Options
    Since I've only lost 8lbs, I haven't really lost a dress size yet but I do notice my 12's that were tight actually fit well now and are loose by the end of the day. Really hoping to get in a solid 10 b4 I buy some shorts for vacation!
    I too wore a blouse yesterday that I used to always "cover up" with b/c it's flowy...i just felt like I was drowning in it yesterday! I didn't want to cover up anymore, I wanted to show off my slimming waist!