Replies

• Jeyed
    Jeyed Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Brie4me
    Brie4me Posts: 238
    Options
    Hi! I don't know if this will apply to you, but I thought I'd share just in case it might. I'm 47 years old and have always had dry skin. When I started using MFP about 2 months ago, I began tracking my sodium and discovered I had a very high intake. I've changed my eating habits to aim for less than 2500 a day, and drink about 8 - 10 cups of water. :drinker:

An unexpected side effect for me has been softer skin! Usually this time of year it is dull and dry (to the point of being flaky), but instead I have rosy cheeks and soft skin. :smile: I also apply lotion right after a shower, which I've always done, but now my skin feels soft all day.
  • scloyd
    scloyd Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I live in Northern Illinois and my hands get really dry every winter. They get to the point where my finger tips will crack. It's so painful just to reach into my pockets for my keys or money.

I have tried Neutrogena, Eucerin, Burt's Bees, Udder Balm etc...they all work okay, but Honey House Naturals Bee Bar works the best for me.

Thanks everyone for all of the great ideas. I'm going to try some of them.
  • Lucyk00
    Lucyk00 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Vaseline= petroleum=crude oil. No way would I ever rub that crap all over my body, grosssss....and I'm pretty sure it doesn't heal either, just protects.

Try making a lotion bar, super easy. Beeswax, cocoa butter (or whatever butter you want to use) and oil (I like coconut and sweet almond oil). So, easy you can find tons of "Recipes" online...pretty much all you do is melt it all together. Plus it's pretty cheap.
  • joycloete
    Options
    I made some whipped body butter from tallow, EVOO, and lavender essential oil. My skin, which has always been dry, drinks it up. I must admit, though, that I go a bit overboard when I apply it, but my skin and I just like the stuff so much.