sketchers shape ups

Options
What do you all think of these shoes? Do you think they are worth the price tag?

I liked how soft and comfortable they felt in the store, but noticed in just that 15 minute period, that my left big toe hurt.

Replies

• rcatr
    rcatr Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    i say save your money. they're a gimmick. better off adding a few lunges and squats into your routine.
  • jeniam
    jeniam Posts: 13
    Options
    I'm curious about these shoes as well. I'm interested in seeing the responses.
  • SIZE28
    SIZE28 Posts: 7
    Options
    Dr. Oz had a test panel and got the thumbs down, they don't work.
  • ttova
    ttova Posts: 11
    Options
    Dr Oz not withstanding I bought them as soon as I tried them on.. I LOVE THEM
    I walk a lot ( one hour at least a day) and my knees were starting to hurt. These shoes cushion me so well that I actually feel great.. To find that kind of cushioning in a cross trainer would cost you much more .. My only complaint is I wish they made a black pair without all the athletic designs so I could wear them more often..
    I also love the way it works my legs. I really feel it in my muscles ( in a good way)
  • Ang8178
    Ang8178 Posts: 308
    Options
    Part of me wants to buy them too :laugh: But I I agree with rcatr, add some lunges and you'll see results. I can't think of spending over $100 for shoes that look that goofy either :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I have heard other people say they helped them, but you have to wear them ALOT to see results.

When you watch the commericals you have to remind your self no one gets leggs and booty like that without a great workout. And the foot ball player they have in some of them it says paid endorser at the bottom of the screen, :laugh: always makes me laugh.
  • EmilysMommy
    EmilysMommy Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    my friend bought a knock off pair from kmart and she loves them! So you could go for that option too!
  • jdsouthernbelle
    Options
    Avon and Payless also carry similar pair that do the same thing for cheaper prices.
  • fiendiish
    fiendiish Posts: 186
    Options
    It's a gimmick. I was interested too (despite their undeniable goofiness) so I did some research. It's a mind thing...if you think they will work, they will get you to walk more...which will ultimately get you moving. More of a motivational tool than anything. I wills say...they have some cushioning from hell...but not for that price tag.

I just recently bought a pair of Saucony Grid Cohesions on sale at ****'s Sporting Goods for $40. Regularly $70. I LOVE THEM! Super cushiony...great shock absorption and over more than half the price.
  • Yurippe
    Yurippe Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Another thread posted on this topic a few days ago:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/95787-has-anyone-tried
  • lovmykids
    lovmykids Posts: 51
    Options
    I love mine as ugly as they are!! lol I have fibromyalgia and my legs really hurt alot while exercising. These shoes seem to have so much support and softness to them. I wear mine all the time. As far as toning you up I haven't seen a big difference, but still love them!
  • Berliner
    Berliner Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have the shoes and they do not work the way they advertise them. I also think they are more of a motivational tool rather than getting you in shape just by wearing them.
    BUT...I love the way they feel and I feel cushioned. My knees hurt less when I walk longer, however I do not feel safe running in them.
    I also have some work-out shoes--strictly for at home work-outs---that I purchased from payless. They are called Air Traverse toning Technology. The sole has two raised pods, supposed to help you with balance and toning.

Good luck
    Silke
  • Richelle73
    Richelle73 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I bought a pair from Kohls, they always are offering you coupons and free money. I bought them for ½ the price. I put mine on and went to cook dinner;. just standing there I thought my toes were going to fall off. However I did get use to them. Its amazing how tall and straight you stand. I felt odd at first standing with good posture. LOL
    I have been quite lazy and haven’t used mine much. When I walk I have a spring in my step, walk faster, and can feel it in my but and legs. Now that I have support from friends and this sight I plan on walking now and using them more.
    I wouldn’t wear mine all day, for the price that’s allot to pay for a shoe that I am not going to wear often except for going for walks. I did see a nurse wearing a pair while she was working, but I didn’t ask her what she thought. My CPA had a pair on and hers were from Kmart and she says she wears hers all day long and loves them. My mother in law told me Avon has them also. I am thinking about getting another pair from one of those places and compare. I want to wear them all day, I have allot of back pain and am hoping that it will help.
  • ammingjay
    ammingjay Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I think if they motivate you to move more, then they are worth it. as far as real restults from the shoe... I don't think so. I have the reebok version (got from a marshalls type store for $40) they are comfortable but I wouldn't run in them. I don't feel any difference when walking alot. I have different shoes that are purely for running. The reeboks are my everyday shoe that I wear all the time. I think it's like a pedometer, if they motivate you to do more than you do now, then they do what they are supposed to. If you think they are going to miraculously give you an amazing rear end you are wrong. My verdict: get a pedometer and strive to take more steps each day (or week or whatever) and save the $$
  • tigger2009
    tigger2009 Posts: 66
    Options
    I am not interested in buying them as others have said can do other things to get same toning results etc. It is a passing fad. I have used my Valerie Bertanelli DVD and I was able to get same results in toning the legs. Yet, I need to do it more often!
  • rmccully
    rmccully Posts: 319
    Options
    I have been told by others who have these type shoes that they really like them. They said that it has really really helped with their knees and back and that the have no more pain.