No more excuses, no more BS

Options
I'm a 31/m living in the great state of Washington and tipped the scales at 250 lbs this morning. 6'3, former athlete, more knowledge about training and diet than you'd ever guess with the way I look today. I've gotten lazy, and now I have nothing but fat to show for it.

I am ashamed of the way I look and how I've let myself go over the last 18 months. I binged on pizza, I secretly went to the drive through of fast food restaurants to grab burgers or fries, and I convinced myself that I still looked "healthy"...The clothes got tighter and my energy went way down. Can anyone relate?

I've made excuses all along the way, cancelled workouts, and never held myself accountable for my current state. I've lost a bunch of lbs only to add them back on when I slip up or stop caring.

I have a trip to the Caribbean planned at the end of April and I'm looking to get as lean as I can over the next 90 days.

If you are interested in being my friend to help motivate me, I'd be more than willing to do the same for you.

This is the month I reclaim my health and fitness...No more excuses, no more BS.

-- Benson --

Replies

• tabstar81
    tabstar81 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story! You can do it!
  • strawmama
    strawmama Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    You got this!! Feel free to add me if you want, I'm on here everyday :)
  • sassy_sadie
    sassy_sadie Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Great attitude!
  • cherylatkwechanged
    cherylatkwechanged Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    You can do come on we are behind you iAd me if u want
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Those lightbulb moments are kind of awesome huh! Feel free to add me if you want!
  • TLEIGH33777
    TLEIGH33777 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    You have the right attitude!!!
  • irjeffb
    irjeffb Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    NO EXCUSES!!!
  • stephanie30820
    Options
    I know how you feel right, WE can do this!
  • my2kin04
    my2kin04 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I can relate. I lost 50lbs, busted my BUTT of doing it. It took me 21 weeks to do it,too. I started looking good, feeling good, and what do I do? You guessed it, rewarded myself with food and it all went down hill from there.I gained it all back. So here I am starting back at square one trying so hard to get back into the fitness mode. Wish me luck, too. We can do it!
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Reclaim your health!!!
    We are here to help keep you encouraged and motivated!
    you already have the knowledge and know how, so you've got this!!!!
  • Luvmyboxerboy
    Luvmyboxerboy Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    You can do this! I have a trip the end of April too...that's my motivation! Also, I'm addicted to the SUCCESS stories board, it's what keeps me going! Check it out, you'll see amazing stories on there! Welcome and feel free to add me!
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent!
  • naculp
    naculp Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Added. I kinda fell into the same boat, where I made excuses for my large size "because I played football and lifted weights." That definitely didn't make sense after I was done with sports.

I've recently gotten back into heavy lifting, although I'm also an avid runner
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    You can do it!! My only word of advice is to not only work toward your vacation, but beyond that too. Make this a lifelong commitment. It's easier to keep going than to stop and have to start over again. Feel free to add me if you are looking for support - I encourage all of my Pals everyday. :smile:
  • cnanderson28
    Options
    I'm in the same boat...lost over a 100 lbs 4 years ago, and have now gained 25 of it back...I need motivation! :) I'm going to Mexico at the end of the month...
  • brandymandycandy
    Options
    You got this, with the attitude you have right now you can do it :smile:

Feel free to add me!
  • Gazfergie
    Gazfergie Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what your going through 1 used to play rugby so ashamed of myself add me
  • danndur
    danndur Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    That's the attitude! we can do it!
  • jbantau
    Options
    I can totally relate. Feel free to add me too!
  • mistytopp
    mistytopp Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    you can do it! im from new zealand and am trying to loose weight for my sister in laws wedding plus my wedding tipping i started at 104kgs never want to be that size ever again!!