• supermodelchic
    supermodelchic Posts: 550 Member
    Just say no!!!!!
  • mandipandi75
    mandipandi75 Posts: 6,035 Member
    She's a good sales woman I'm guessing.
  • scarrie2
    scarrie2 Posts: 80 Member
    I would say no - and tell them to find their own running team. They are all over to help train.
  • That's crazy... She should be paying you.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    since when is a 5k "distance running"? jeez, it's over before you realize it's started.
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    She must be REAL HOT!

^
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    I would just have them google the "Couch to 5k" plan, simple, easy to follow, & you're off the hook! (+ it's FREE!!!)

This... And then if you haven't got time for the rest then you say so. Learning to day no is tough, but it gets easier over time and eventually my hope is that people will stop trying to take advantage.

If your always the nice 'yes' girl or guy, then that's what's you'll always be used as. Only you can change that around! Good luck!
  • anewpath
    anewpath Posts: 200
    I would make your paying client the "team" leader. Provide her with the workout info and she can lead the 2 workouts a week. Unless she wants to start paying you more to train people who haven't retained you.
  • carryingon
    carryingon Posts: 609 Member
    It's not to late to let her know that you can't meet this time commitment. However, you can request compensation. Just send out an email saying how happy you are to do all of this and then list the cost per person, where to send the payment, and when it is due by. Good luck!:flowerforyou:
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    I would just say no.

Also, since when 5K's are considered 'distance running'? :laugh:
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    I say make them all meet your for a run through of the 5K some Saturday and then lead them all to Candy Mountain...and leave them there.

candy-mountain.jpg
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    I would just say no.

I would imagine for someone who isn't a runner, that would be distance running, no?
  • HELL NO!
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Hellno-Sam.gif
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Yeah I wouldn't be pleased doing that either. I love to help friends but when they extend my help onto others and push me to lead the group at my own expense that's where I would draw the line.

Sucks, but I guess if you invested already then work through it and try to steer clear the next time.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Derail it when you say .. "Sure, no problem. All those services are going to run you around $7500. I'll take a 50% deposit and we can get started"
  • Absolutely not!!! Business is business and you can't give it away, how dare she put all that on you when you hadn't agreed to do so :frown:
  • I would just say no.

i sprint-anything longer than a half mile and my arrhythmia goes nuts. heart disease-we work around it ;)
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    How did you get roped into all that? Participating is a far cry from leading it all.
  • Beckyloo80
    Beckyloo80 Posts: 1,088 Member
    someone is taking advantage of you!

I'd say SCREW IT