Suggested alternatives to Peanutbutter?

Options
2»

Replies

• ElGatoBB
    Options
    Artisana makes several varieties of organic and raw nut butters (cashew, almond, coconut, coconut and cocoa) that don't need refirgeration AND come in single serve blisters. You can pack a lot in very little space. I personally love them. They are also great for when you really want some nut butter, but don't want to keep a jar in the house. Justin's also makes single serves (peanut, almond, and hazelnut, also with added things like cocoa, honey, or maple). Also nice, but not as healthy, they have added sugar, salt, and palm oil. You should be able to find both at whole foods.
  • s_wilson84
    s_wilson84 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    breadandbetter.jpg
  • s_wilson84
    s_wilson84 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I don't think the OPs question was alternate peanut butters...but rather alternates to taking PB&J's on motorcycle trips. Maybe I misread it myself though.
  • Kalaehdhari
    Kalaehdhari Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm able to find my PB2 in the health food section at my local Kroger. I have it at least 3 times a week mixed with a little cinnamon in just a pb&j. Yum!
  • Indyimp
    Indyimp Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    breadandbetter.jpg

Great ideas :smile:
  • jennaprincess
    jennaprincess Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I get my PB2 at netrition.com
    P28 also makes high protein peanut butter spreads
  • jennb44
    jennb44 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I don't think it comes in travel size, but the coconut and peanut spread by Earth Balance is so delicious...maybe you can just put it in a travel size container.
  • angela9887
    angela9887 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    i have found PB2 in both HEB and Kroger, so i assume that it would be found in most grocery stores in the health food aisle by the protein powders and such. I just bought PB2 in chocolate and had some with strawberries. one word: Amazing!
  • gobsmacker
    Options
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE these:

Justin's Nut Butter Natural Maple Almond Butter - They are individual, 200 calorie squeeze packs.
    (1.15 ounce packets)

lkeO59y.png

OR this: Barney Butter Almond Butter 90 Calorie Snack Pack (0.6-ounce packets)

ZJZ3ZH6.png