Crafty people, need suggestions!

Options

Replies

• cwanek726
    cwanek726 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Valentine's 'Love Bugs'

Consists of toilet paper tubes, constructions paper, googlie eyes, pipe cleaners and a sharpie.

z9LbBko.jpg?1
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    What about

-construction paper and rubber stamps (or paint, or glitter or ...) to make their own valentines?

-get multiple types of beads and string and let them make friendship/love bracelets.

-Popsicle stick picture frames

- PAPER BAG PUPPETS

th?id=H.4837383892371895&pid=15.1
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Valentine's 'Love Bugs'

Consists of toilet paper tubes, constructions paper, googlie eyes, pipe cleaners and a sharpie.

z9LbBko.jpg?1

too cute
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    Woman! How did you get roped into this???!!!

"snow globes"...glitter, water, and some sort of clear container.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

Ooooh... I :heart: this idea!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Last year I helped in G's class for V day. They made wreaths that were cheap white paper plates with the center cut out. They glued on hearts of different sizes. Another idea I just had is to get pipe cleaners and those interlocking beads. They can make a heart ornament.
  • dawnerika
    dawnerika Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I saw an extremely simple craft project that literally takes hardly any time at all and the finished product is really cute. You would take a clean can and merely surround it with clothespins - clip them over the rim. The can and/or the pins can be painted or decorated, also. They make cute holders for just about anything - pens & pencils, plants. It sounds hokey but they are kinda cute.
    http://cfabbridesigns.com/craft-projects/clothespin-planter/
  • Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Foam hearts, glitter, feathers, glue, and googly eyes. Just throw the *kitten* on the table and let them go wild.
    *LMAO* YOu're a girl after my own heart, you know that :)

Sadly, the teacher likes things VERY organized. I need to have three stations, three crafts, demo them, the kids rotate... etc.

They could make their own valentine's day mardi gras like mask, that's always fun! And maybe a wand at the next station? hrmmmm.

I love you all, btw. Great stuff!

Ooh, have them make masks and wings and bow and arrows to make their own cupid costume. One item per station.

That, or have them use those crappy candy hearts and magazine clippings to make collages.

Edited to add: and make those bows and arrows functional. Sugared up kids with projectiles will guarantee that you never get roped into this kinda thing again.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    Ooh, have them make masks and wings and bow and arrows to make their own cupid costume. One item per station.

I like this idea too.
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    Just a thought Im not sure if you have a target by your area but last time I visited one (this past weekend) I noticed they have alot of little different activity things in their dollar/value isles.(you know the one at the entrance where all the low price stuff is at) it was abunch of stickers and foam stuff. Just a thought:smile:
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

My son goes to a private school. I was freaking nominated Room Mom by the PTL. HOW??? I have no effing idea. NONE. I am NOT that mom, people!! *LOL* The kindergarten teacher seemed to make a stand for me cause I always made really fun "snacks" like so... but really, I'm so NOT room mom quality!

378074_10150383257482545_226208786_n.jpg
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

I like this idea too.

Also love this!
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    Owls are very popular. Here is a cute paper project to make owls out of heart shapes

http://familycrafts.about.com/od/owlcrafts/ss/Heart-Owl-Craft.htm

Here's a list of other valentine's craft ideas.

http://familycrafts.about.com/od/valentinesday/a/valentmain.htm
  • Midnight_Sunshine
    Midnight_Sunshine Posts: 369 Member
    Options

Ooooh... I :heart: this idea!

Good lord...as long as you aren't on clean up duty!
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options

My son goes to a private school. I was freaking nominated Room Mom by the PTL. HOW??? I have no effing idea. NONE. I am NOT that mom, people!! *LOL* The kindergarten teacher seemed to make a stand for me cause I always made really fun "snacks" like so... but really, I'm so NOT room mom quality!

AH!!! use the snack butterfly idea and use hearts for the wings instead!!!

(and visualizing you as a room mom makes me giggle!)
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options

You know... with something as adorable as that... you were really asking for it. Begging to be Room Mom practically!
  • krash999
    krash999 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    when i was that age i remember making a heart broach for my mom with random glued on buttons.... the backer was about a 2 inch plastic heart with a pin hot glued onto it..... after the broach dried.... it took afew days for them to dry, so maybe this isnt the best idea...... but my mom still has it, and has even worn it a few times......
  • BlueInkDot
    BlueInkDot Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    When I was little I would make my own valentine's cards out of hearts cut out of red and pink construction paper, doilies and a glue stick and a marker.
  • louiselebeau
    louiselebeau Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Have them make their own party hats with paper. (make bands that can be stapled and add construction paper, glitter, fake fruit, markers etc.)
  • Crystal_Pistol
    Crystal_Pistol Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Every poster in this thread is SOOO far out of my league. I actually had nothing when I clicked the topic.