30 Day Shred...anyone with me?

Options
Ms_Natalie
Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
Hi guys, I know that there is already an existing 30 day shred group, but I think it's too far into May for me to join. I have just ordered the DVD from amazon and it should be here by friday! I'm hoping to start doing it as soon as the postman drops it through my door :happy:

Would anyone be interested in taking part with me? We could all help and support each other through it and compare measurements and experience at the end?

:wink:

Replies

• marybethbeech
    marybethbeech Posts: 181
    Options
    I have the DVD but I never really got into it. I would love to start a new 30 day shred group with you!
  • AbiLuV
    AbiLuV Posts: 47
    Options
    Count me in!
  • raelbee
    raelbee Posts: 219
    Options
    Mine is arriving from Amazon today. I'm interested in joining!
  • bekah1301
    bekah1301 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Same here, I ordered one a few days ago! :)
  • medrewiske
    medrewiske Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I decided to reserve it at the library and check it out before I bought it. It should be in by next week. I've heard really good things about it and am really hoping I like it! So I'm in.
  • spob
    spob Posts: 206
    Options
    I might be in, willing to go out and get the dvd. Would you be willing to give me a synopsis, any one? Thanks so much!
  • MommyofLily
    MommyofLily Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I've started it several times, and have yet to stick with it for more than 4 days in a row. I will start Friday morning! :)
  • MommyofLily
    MommyofLily Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I might be in, willing to go out and get the dvd. Would you be willing to give me a synopsis, any one? Thanks so much!

The 30 day shred is a video led by Jillian Michaels from the Biggest Loser. There are 3 levels of workouts on the DVD and you're supposed to start out with level 1 and move on when you feel like you're ready to go to level 2, etc. The workouts are like circuit training, so you do a few minutes of strength, then 2 min cardio, then 2 min abs, and then repeat 2 times, with a warm-up and cool-down in there too. I've only tried level 1, but it seems to fly by and only takes 25 min or so to do the whole thing and I'm dripping by the end of it!
  • andygirl
    andygirl Posts: 18
    Options
    What perfect timing!! I just received mine in the mail yesterday and just finished doing it for the first time :happy: So count me in. It is my understanding that we are supposed to do the dvd every day, is that correct???
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I'm totally in! I was looking for a group to join for the 30DS. I bought it from Walmart yesterday and I'm gonna do it when I get home from work today. I'm really looking to kick up my exercise from just using my EA Sports Active More Workouts. It's a good workout, but I'm getting used to it and I wanted to add something to do in addition to the 20 minute workout I do 4 times a week with it. I've heard it's great for losing inches, which is really what I need :)

30 Day Shred here I come! Here are my starting numbers:
    Weight: 183
    Waist: 37.5"
    Hips: 44"
    Thigh: 27"
  • spob
    Options
    I will go to the store tonight and locate copy, but I think I am in!! I am al little excited as I have never done anything like this before! Thank-you for the synopsis!
  • AprilChampion
    AprilChampion Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    i actually just bought the dvd set today along with fee weights ( since my children lost my other ones) and a ball. I am SO excited to start it tonight!
  • lyndsay53
    lyndsay53 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!! I've tried it before, but got side tracked, I loved it and would like to try it for the full 30 days!! I'll start Friday morning!!
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    hey guys,

Heres the link to a support/motivation group !

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/95999-30-day-shred-may-15th-june-15th-support-group

Can't wait to see what this next month has in store for us :happy:
  • spob
    Options
    Yes, I am in with my friend Bro another mfp member when do we begin? What are the ground rules? I am new to this internet communication. Please advise! Looking forward to the experience and I hope we all reach our goals!

Spob:flowerforyou: