41 year old from Connecticut looking for some help!

Options
I'm 41 years old and I live in Connecticut and I weigh 378.8 lbs. My highest weight was 403 in Feb 2011 before I went in for kidney cancer surgery. I lost 35 lbs in the hospital in 2 weeks!!! I was at 368 and am now back at 378 but had made it all the way back to 386. I've been stuck at 374-378 range for months.

I drive a bus for a living and I am probably eating the wrong things. Bananas got boring. I've been stopping and getting a donut at Dunkin donuts in the early morning and I didn't think it was a problem as long as I kept my calories where I was supposed to. I need help. I'm not a healthy food lover but what can I eat at work driving 8 hrs? Quick things......'

Also have a bad back and walking isn't easy for long periods of time. ANY HELP would be appreciated.

Replies

• 66dru
    66dru Posts: 1
    Options
    i am 46 years old and my highest weight was a little over 300 i now weigh 219 had to change alot about the way i view food been eating the paleo lifestyle and have started losing again and feel better its all in the preparations we by fresh meats and veggies prepare alot on sunday freeze it and always try to fix enough so i can take some for lunch but now we enjoy the preping as much as the eating we also cut gluten out of our eating and basically get carbs from veggies and we do 80 percent paleo still eat potatoes but have replaced with mostly with sweet potatos...fresh meat ,veggies, raisens, prunes,dates are awesome for a sweet treat medjool dates taste like natures chess bars good luck man we also meet once a week some close friends and talk about our troubles and victorys with eating compulsively and it works if we work it but it has required some effort and willingness to change until i reached a bottom i felt hopless and reached out to god and all has changed
  • mommysockmonkey
    mommysockmonkey Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    First of all, I hope your surgery was successful!

Regarding what to take to work to eat, send me a message. My husband is an industrial hvac mechanic and doesn't have access to a fridge or microwave either. I'll talk to him and get back to you with some suggestions and strategies.
  • deladypilot
    deladypilot Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. agree with the other poster and take your meals with you. This will stop the donut stop. Take it slow and make baby steps toward the new you. If at all possible fix meals for yourself on the weekend so that all you have to do is heat it up when you get home at night.

Make some small changes like Whole Wheat or Multi Grain bread instead of white bread. 2% cheese instead of regular chesse. For a sandwhich, I found sandwhich thins. They have lots of flavor and are about 1/2 the calories than regular sandwhich bread. Add veggies to everything you can. Sneak a little in here or there. Take things like grapes or carrots to much on during the day when you have that "I need to eat something" feeling.

As for exercise, you can still find some things to do. If you can not walk a far distance, try some handweights while you are sitting in a chair. You can do leg lifts as well. At walmart, you can pick up some resistance bands, they are not very expensive. As you lose weight the walking issue may get better.

You are in a good place and there are many people here that will support and motivate you. So check in as often as you can and read the boards as well as make some friends.

Best of luck to you
  • BDOUG2371
    BDOUG2371 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the reply. :)