I need to eat more but cant...

Options
Im 5'8 200lbs trying to lose 30lbs and i am suppose to eat around 1750 cal everyday. I eat around 900 calories a day but im satisfied and not hungry what should i do??

Replies

• Jonesie1984
    Jonesie1984 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    you're destroying your metabolism. Eat anyway. Your body is used to being starved. Just choose healthy foods
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Keep eating like this. Stop counting calories. Wait 6 months. You'll be skinny.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Eat food with calories. Dieting isn't living on greens and lean chicken. Eat full fat dairy, nuts, oils, eggs, peanut butter, meat.
  • dollhousedolly
    dollhousedolly Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Try different shakes to make up for the calories.
  • MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Open you food diary for more robust feedback.

And I'm wondering, since this is your first post and you haven't filled out any information in your profile - if this is a serious question or you're wasting everyone's time.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I would have thought 'eat' and use some common sense would have been the obvious answer.
    It is not hard to hit 1200 plus, even eating healthy.
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Keep eating like this. Stop counting calories. Wait 6 months. You'll be skinny.

Agreed.

Worked well enough the first time round, didn't it?
  • Lizzy_Sunflower
    Lizzy_Sunflower Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    Don't eat them then. DRINK them. Easy way to add essential calories to your diet.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    You are eating as much as a toddler needs so do something about it before you damage your health, maybe permanently.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Eat more food. That is all.
  • ldbuster0
    Options

And I'm wondering, since this is your first post and you haven't filled out any information in your profile - if this is a serious question or you're wasting everyone's time.

I don't think this person needs an answer like this. Just because a person doesn't fill out that information doesn't mean they are not serious. Maybe they are just learning how to operate this site.

To the original poster: Just try to eat more or drink more (healthy foods). You will get there. Just keep learning more and more. There are so many different opinions on this site; they will drive you nuts.
  • lovetobethin86
    lovetobethin86 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    OK This is going to sound mean and I dont want to sound mean but if you are 200 pounds but get full on 900 calories how does that work? I am usually starving on 900 calories! I would say that eating 900 calories isn't good at all, you want your metabolism running properly to lose weight or else your body will store what ever food you do give it because it thinks its starving:(
  • MochaMixAZ
    Options
    If it's legitimate, great - I'll be happy to provide feedback. However, I've seen way too many people entertain themselves this way. It is not likely that someone is 5'8'', 200 pounds, consuming 900 calories and not hungry. You'll notice OP hasn't responded again... didn't provide any additional information about what they DO consume. Has no other posts. No public diary. No other information.

However, if it's a real question - opening the diary to public WOULD be helpful. My question was a heartfelt concern that asked for more information and clarification. Seriously, 900 calories... that's just over a cup of almonds. So my concern remains - is it a real question?

I don't think this person needs an answer like this. Just because a person doesn't fill out that information doesn't mean they are not serious. Maybe they are just learning how to operate this site.

To the original poster: Just try to eat more or drink more (healthy foods). You will get there. Just keep learning more and more. There are so many different opinions on this site; they will drive you nuts.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Many people do lose their appetite when they diet and need to learn how to feed themselves in a new healthier way.
  • RougeIllusion
    RougeIllusion Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Try some higher calorie foods like peanut butter, cheese, avocados...they should help you get more calories without feeling like you're eating a ton more.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    You definitely need to eat more. I'm your height, in the 160s and I try to eat 1400-1600 a day.
  • dallasfan31494
    Options
    This was a real question lol but im forcing myself to eat more calories but thanks everybody !
  • MochaMixAZ
    Options
    Okay. In that case, here's my 2 cents:

It's great that you are trying to eat more than the 900 calories. I'm glad you're not experiencing hunger or cravings, but you really can damage your metabolism by not eating enough. That can have long-term effects that you won't want to deal with, such as permanently affecting your thyroid, causing anemia related to iron deficiency, decreasing immunity due to low protein levels, and even can make your more prone to depression.

So, as others have said, to see sustainable weight loss and to do it healthfully, consider the quality of the food you're selecting. If you aren't hungry and volume of food isn't an issue for you - try choosing more calorie-dense foods. I don't know what your preferences are but you could get to 1200 calories pretty quickly by selecting just a few of the following:

- almonds ( a cup is 720 calories)
    - avocado (1 is 240 calories)
    - fruit juice (2 cups of OJ is 220 calories)
    - olive oil (120 cals in one tablespoon)

I think you may find in the long run you will have more easily sustained weight loss if you eat more. Counter-intuitive as it may be.

Best of luck to you!
    This was a real question lol but im forcing myself to eat more calories but thanks everybody !