Yogurt

Options
So, yogurt is awesome for you. But what about those of us who HATE yogurt? Does anyone have any ideas on yogurt that doesn't taste like yogurt? I probably don't make any sense, but it has a certain taste that I just can't stand! The only one that I have ever been able to choke down is the Yoplait Smoothies that came in a little bottle, and I can't find them anywhere anymore! Ahh!

Replies

• Aradia_Silvermoon
    Aradia_Silvermoon Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Have you tried blending it up in a smoothie? I make a smoothie every morning and I know you can add yogurt to the mix to make it thicker and give it more staying power. Here is a recipe I found on pinterest that shows the blogger using yogurt to make her smoothies.

http://laceyinloveblog.blogspot.com/2011/09/diy-smoothie-packs.html
  • babybs
    babybs Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Greek yogurt? I eat yogurt every morning with my flaxseed mixed in and I prefer lowfat regular yogurt. Recently with everyone making such a big deal about Greek yogurt I felt I was missing something. I picked up some of the Greek from a few different companies and cannot eat it. The consistency is tart, creamy and heavy compared to "regular" yogurt. Maybe if you've tried one type of yogurt and not the other you may want to give it a go. both are so different from one another.
  • srm1960
    srm1960 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: I love greek yogurt-not fat Fage-plain is great with bananas or mixed berries-killer protein too-like 18 gms? Also Yoplait greek 100 cal-fruit like peach or berry is good-
    Also I made a smoothie with the Fage & put a banana, frozen mixed berries & a Clementine orange & blended away-Good calcium too-Give it go!!!:blushing:
  • Kimistry_
    Options
    I tried whatever Greek kind where John Stamos was in the commercial :happy: But I hated that too. :frown: I've been shying away from mixing it with my green smoothies because I was told that dairy does not combine well with fruit and will cause fermentation, yeast, digestive issues, and will not aid in weight loss and it scared me off!
  • Aradia_Silvermoon
    Aradia_Silvermoon Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I tried whatever Greek kind where John Stamos was in the commercial :happy: But I hated that too. :frown: I've been shying away from mixing it with my green smoothies because I was told that dairy does not combine well with fruit and will cause fermentation, yeast, digestive issues, and will not aid in weight loss and it scared me off!

The green smoothie recipe I use has Chobani Greek yogurt in it and I haven't had a problem. I even have digestive issues (IBS) and it hasn't made this worse, in fact it had helped me up my veggie/fruit intake which has helped my issue!

http://iowagirleats.com/2012/01/04/my-top-secret-diet-weapon/

FYI the John Stamos yogurt is Dannon Oikos ;)
  • Moosycakes
    Moosycakes Posts: 258 Member
    Options

The green smoothie recipe I use has Chobani Greek yogurt in it and I haven't had a problem. I even have digestive issues (IBS) and it hasn't made this worse, in fact it had helped me up my veggie/fruit intake which has helped my issue!

http://iowagirleats.com/2012/01/04/my-top-secret-diet-weapon/

FYI the John Stamos yogurt is Dannon Oikos ;)

Yogurt is brilliant for digestion :)
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,888 Member
    Options
    I would never consider eating something I hate, too much other good stuff.