Would you rather be very smart or very attractive?

Options

Replies

• zuzuanne88
    zuzuanne88 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Sad to say,and I hope my daughter never reads this I's rather be attractive. We live in a society that gives good looking people whatever they want.
  • christynek
    christynek Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Since I've been doing flippin homework for the past three hours, I'm definitely going for smart.
  • lilcupcake213
    lilcupcake213 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Why do you have to choose? People can be both ...you ever see a hot doctor?!? :wink:
  • LondonEliza
    LondonEliza Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Smart, looks fade.

Smart, plain with a phd and a bit of make-up is still a phd.

Smart .... well just because, I've always been smart and never been particularly attractive.

If my brain went, I would miss it. If my looks went, I doubt I would notice :)
  • zagrath769
    zagrath769 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'd go for smart. Looks fade over time.
  • LondonEliza
    Options
    Sad to say,and I hope my daughter never reads this I's rather be attractive. We live in a society that gives good looking people whatever they want.

Yes, Stephen Hawking would be nowhere without his chiseled features and athletic forearms.
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    I'd rather be smart. I've spent my life unattractive and it certainly makes things (like monogamy) a lot easier ;-)
  • justgowithit17
    justgowithit17 Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm in the minority, but I would definitely rather be very attractive. A lot of people misjudge me from my appearance without even getting to know me. It sucks.
  • jrocnrun
    Options
    The right thing to say is "very smart". and of course i would rather be average looking and brilliant, however, right now Id love to experience what its like to be super model gorgeous. if only for one day. Im already smart, Id like to know how the Gorgeous people live. :)
  • sweetpea101077
    sweetpea101077 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I can pay someone to make me more attractive, not so much with the smart.....:smile:
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Hmm if we are talking naturally smart vs naturally attractive
    I may have to go with attractive
    With enough dedication you can be smart, if you study

Ehhh...no. The phrase "you can't fix stupid" exists for a reason.
  • janeite1990
    janeite1990 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I can haz PHD.

Food....it's spelled food.
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options

Yes, Stephen Hawking would be nowhere without his chiseled features and athletic forearms.

His forearms have to be strong to unravel the intricacies of string theory.

good-guy-stephen-hawkings.jpg
  • LondonEliza
    Options
    I can haz PHD.

Food....it's spelled food.

Oh and smart people can make you smile like when you read this ^^^
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I would choose smart. I would have a better job and it would help me interact with people.
  • sofielein
    sofielein Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I'm already smart & it never worked with men. Hence I'm here trying to work on my looks.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I would rather be very confident and motivated than either of the other two. Those are the people who go far in life! I already have both smart and attractive attributes and those work well for me, so I'd not like to have to pick between them. I'd rather take mediocre looks and brains than one extreme or the other.
  • Terasome
    Terasome Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    Im normal looking I think, others may beg to differ but thats their choice.

Im smart enough to succeed in life so I'm happy
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    I am already very smart. I would choose smart again?
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    Depends...how not-smart and how unattractive are we talking? Average looks and a genius? Average intelligence and stunning looks?

If it's ugly but brilliant...fine for a man, not so much as a woman.
    If it's modelesque but dumb as a box of rocks....they seem happy enough. lol