What has worked!!

Options
What has worked for you all over the years, When did it finally happen and you lost all the weight you needed to or a lot, What did you change how many calories did you eat did you limit your carbs How much did you exersize or did you exersize at all,, Tell me your success story,

Replies

• Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Reduced calories, increased protein intake, lifting relatively heavy 5-6 times per week.

Decided back in August that I was tired of being fat and weak.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Besides eating the correct number of calories for my body, getting a fitbit and joining some competitions has made me really aware of increasing my overall activity. Oh, and learning about 5 basic recipes that I make regularly.
  • singer201
    singer201 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Followed a low-carb, predominantly whole foods eating plan (Primal/paleo). Started with walking, then gardening and yard work (mowing lawn, trimming trees/shrubs, weeding) nearly every day. I did follow MFP calorie guidelines and ate back exercise calories; it took a year to lose 70 lbs. Since November, I've been back to horseback riding and doing horse chores every day--very enjoyable exercise calories! Come spring, I have a whole new yard to landscape. I prefer productive exercise--just can't get excited about sweating for no useful purpose.
  • tiffd1000
    Options
    Realizing what I am eating. Looking at calories, fat, sugars, sodium.. I can closely estimate calories in just about everything I eat b/c I have been doing it for years.. Eat normal everyday foods.. I don't think atkins, medifast, jenny craig meals are a very realistic way to live... Its a life style change.. its not a "diet".
  • patty1138
    patty1138 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Wanting2BSkinny
    Options
    Bump
  • hyper_focus
    hyper_focus Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've lost almost 50lbs by:

-2 years ago I cut out gluten 100% and permanently.
    - I eat 80% paleo
    - protein, protein, PROTEIN!! And an avocado a day! (When I can afford to)
    - avoid all things deep fried/sweetened/hydroenated/overly processed
    - work out (cardio) 3 to 4 days a week and (strength/body resistance) almost every day
    - 8 hours of sleep and at least 9 cups of water a day

Friend me if you would like, but I'm a bit ill and have been eating under calories lately. . .

Cheers :) !
  • Arismar2022
    Arismar2022 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Bump :)
  • Frantastic5685
    Options
    The diet that has helped me the most is Medifast, hands down. Take Shape For Life, actually, since I did Medifast but with a Health Coach following me. I lost a little over 100 pounds and so far I am keeping it off. I don't know why it clicked this time....it just DID.

When I got to my heaviest, I weighed 266, so I did Slimfast and lost about 25 pounds. Then I came home from college, joined Weight Watchers, and lost 55 pounds. However when I went back to school for another degree, I slowly (over 2 years) gained 30+ BACK, so I knew I had to do SOMETHING. That's when a coworker told me about the diet she did, Medifast. She had lost over 100 pounds, so I knew it worked.
  • rezn8
    rezn8 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Water, protein, exercise. Balanced diet is best. I have been eating well and exercising 6-7 days a week for 8 months straight. Losing quickly can work for some but most don't commit to a long term plan and therefore tend to gain back some if not all. My diet is good but I always allow for some various goodies so I can maintain the program i'm on without the risk of suddenly wanting something and falling off the so-called wagon. The way I look at it, I got off the wagon 8 months ago and now have myself in a racecar with a rollcage built around it. There is so much to explain that I can't quite in a short paragraph and don't want to bore you. You need to set goals that are achievable so you don't get discouraged and you need to be metally ready for a lifelong change. Message me if you want my web site info which I have started and added so info and tips.
  • jimmie65
    jimmie65 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Two years ago (last November), I got tired of not being able to get out of bed without pain. So I started working out. 100 lbs off so far.