Exercise Video's, Any other suggestions for quick workout??

Options
I was wondering if anyone has tried Slim in Six. I have a very busy schedule and was wondering if anyone has tried this or do you have another suggestion????

Replies

• Tuala42
    Tuala42 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I've been wondering the same thing! I just accepted a 2nd part time job, which will really cut into my gym time. I need some quick, intense cardio workouts that I can do at home.
  • savlov30
    savlov30 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,

I have done a few slim series videos. They are not quick but they sure are good workouts. I am doing Les Mills Combat and I love it. Message me if you like more info.

Julianne
  • JAT74
    JAT74 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    A lot of the Jillian Michaels DVDs are quick, around 25-35 minutes. I've also just got a copy of Turbo Fire 20 minute workout, not tried it yet but was going to use it on days when I'm really short of time. Also there's a series called 10 minute solution and you can mix and match the workouts depending on how much time you have.
  • savlov30
    savlov30 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    There is also 10 minute trainer by Tony Horton.
  • Serenitytoo
    Serenitytoo Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Some of the 10 minute solutions DVDs are pretty good. They have five 10 min workouts on the DVD you can do as many as you want in any order. so it works really well if you only have a short amount of time. I have liked the Knockout body (kickboxing), the bootcamp and the kettlebells.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    SI6 isn't quick workouts. The workouts are actually pretty long, about 45 minutes to an hour, sometimes more. With a pullup bar though you can put together quick full body workout routines using just your bodyweight and the pullup bar that will do all you need.
  • xceptional1
    xceptional1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have a Brazillian Butt lift, Billy Blanks, and a few others. Youtube have TONS of videos for FREE!!!:happy:
  • janelleross
    janelleross Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred is under 30 mins. and it is a good workout!
  • kriskibbe
    kriskibbe Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have been doing the Fitness Blender on You Tube. The videos range from 8 minutes to 45. I subscribed to them with my You Tube account and now I have over 50 videos to choose from. They don't have background music but the instruction is great and you can visit a link to see how many calories you burned doing the video. The link also allows you to print the workout if you want to...
  • xceptional1
    xceptional1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Fitness blender have some great workouts!!! I do them all the time as well. :happy:
  • baileysmom4
    baileysmom4 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    If you have an On Demand feature with your cable TV, they have a ton of free workouts. I haven't tried any yet but have looked thru them and they seem pretty good.
  • lumpsypod
    Options
    I do have On Demand, did not know they had workouts. Thanks for the tip :happy:
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Nothing can kill calories fast like a Crossfit-style metcon.

There are tons of their workouts out there, you can scale them for your needs.

I personally like:

400M
    Pullups (50)
    Pushups (100)
    Squats (150)
    400M

For time

I usually use a 10/20/30, 9/18/27, 8/16/24, 7/14/21, 6/12/18, 5/10/15, 5/10/15 reverse pyramid set-rep scheme, though also use 5/10/15 x 10.

No better way to absolutely demolish the calories for about 25 minutes. I'm not sure it is physically possible to have a higher calorie burn than this style of workout over a fixed shorter time period.

Stuff like this can be scaled to almost any fitness level (do inverted rows or DB rows instead of pullups, knee pushups or wall pushups instead of full pushups, and fewer squats). Do a total volume about 3x greater than your single set max for each. Every workout is a race against the clock.
  • sangelic
    sangelic Posts: 207
    Options
    Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred is under 30 mins. and it is a good workout!

I second this! Only been at it a week and jeans that were once just a little too tight for me now are fitting perfectly :happy: