New to this....need support and i'm here to offer it

Options
Hi everyone

My name's Ashleigh and i have about 100 pounds to loose in order to reach my goal. To anyone out there who can give tips or any motivation that would be great.

Please feel free to add me.

Replies

• neniplatas
    neniplatas Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hello! Welcome! I'm pretty new myself, but I have a good feeling about this. I joined the first week of January and have lost about 10 lbs. so far. I also have about 100 lbs. to lose, but I set my goal at 75 lbs. for now. (100 just seems too daunting right now. ) My daughter is also doing this--in fact, she's the one who initially told me about this site.

So far, I think the key for me has been tracking my calories as faithfully as possible, no matter what. I love to eat out, but tracking my calories made it impossible to ignore just how quickly those calories (and the sodium!) add up when you eat out. I still eat out once in a while, but I tend to plan ahead and save my calories if I know I'm going to dinner with friends. I also track nutrition info because eating as little processed food as possible is important to me. Being healthy is part of the goal, after all! :)

Didn't mean to go on so long! Welcome, and good luck!

Neni
  • autumnsnow786
    autumnsnow786 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Hey welcome to mfp! This site really works especially if u have some friends on here. I'm on here everyday so feel free to add me if u want more support or motivation!
  • sarahbakerkipper
    Options
    All of you feel free to add me. I am new on here also and I feel like the more support we have on here the more successful we are going to be in reaching our goals! Good Luck!