Any Atheists out there ?

Options

Replies

• Dmkolls
    Dmkolls Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I must say that the older and older I get, I question a lot more.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    This is MFP, we aren't permitted to say the word Atheist in the public forums....
  • joe3166
    Options
    More agnostic than atheist

What's agnostic? I don't feel like googling.
    I believe in a higher power but not "God" or religion

Hmmm, that's interesting. Do you have a name for your higher power? Do you believe they should be worshiped? Prayed to? I'm intrigued.

My Dark Passenger
    jk
    I believe we are all connected but I can't explain. More like we are all part of this higher power "the continueum"
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options

Hmmm, that's interesting. Do you have a name for your higher power? Do you believe they should be worshiped? Prayed to? I'm intrigued.

Also agnostic. No we don't pray or worship. The belief in a high power could be anything, it's not a thing or a person so there is nothing to worship. Besides that would be a organized religion and agnostics usually don't go for that. What I believe in is things happen for a reason may it be fate the universal pull or Mother Nature. I admit there are things beyond our control but that its not ne so called person pulling the strings.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
  • black_cats
    black_cats Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Yes, but not a douchey one.

This.
    I don't want religious people shoving their beliefs down my throat, so I won't shove my lack of belief down theirs.
  • jamie610811
    jamie610811 Posts: 1,735 Member
    Options
    GOD NO !
  • chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Atheist - but I hope I'm wrong!
  • apexgtp
    apexgtp Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    We are everywhere!
  • joe3166
    Options

Also agnostic. No we don't pray or worship. The belief in a high power could be anything, it's not a thing or a person so there is nothing to worship. Besides that would be a organized religion and agnostics usually don't go for that. What I believe in is things happen for a reason may it be fate the universal pull or Mother Nature. I admit there are things beyond our control but that its not ne so called person pulling the strings.

good answer
  • chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options

This.
    I don't want religious people shoving their beliefs down my throat, so I won't shove my lack of belief down theirs.

Yea, I have to say I find a larger proportion of Atheists seem to fall into the douchey preachy category than people of religion.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday, Lea!
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options

good answer

Ahhhhh, who would have thought I'd learn something from the "look at me" thread :)
  • Igotdisbish
    Options
    Dude it took you over 2 years to get your 37th post and you go there? How about something about 1200 calories or loosing weight or even how much can you lie about the person above you?
  • joe3166
    Options

good answer

Ahhhhh, who would have thought I'd learn something from the "look at me" thread :)

:smokin:
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options

This.

Yea, I have to say I find a larger proportion of Atheists seem to fall into the douchey preachy category than people of religion.

Atheists certainly do not have the douchey preachy category locked down when it comes to religious discussion. There are plenty of disgusting things said on both sides of the debate.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options

This
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options

This.

Atheists certainly do not have the douchey preachy category locked down when it comes to religious discussion. There are plenty of disgusting things said on both sides of the debate.

Agree. What people say says more about the person then their religion.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Atheist - but I hope I'm wrong!

interesting thought......but if you were wrong.........wouldn't it be too late by the time you found out?
  • strickland8052
    strickland8052 Posts: 105 Member
    Options

My Dark Passenger
    jk
    I believe we are all connected but I can't explain. More like we are all part of this higher power "the continueum"

That is what we Buddhists believe. :)
This discussion has been closed.