Carboholic!!

Options
Any one else out there addicted to all the bad carbs? (Yes, I believe there are actually good carbs, don't shoot me, lol.) Need new friends to help motivate me with my second try at MFP. I'm a a busy lady with lots of distractions and an emotional eater to boot. Send me a friend request if you'd like!

Replies

• NeonRainbow83
    NeonRainbow83 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I could of written that! Carbaholic and emotional eater right here!!!
  • Buckeye_Fittie
    Options
    Total carboholic. It's all about the pasta. Lots and lots of pasta. Yum.
  • jenhanke
    jenhanke Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    OMG...total carboholic who can no longer eat many carbs due to PCOS. I have actually found certain alternatives that are extremely close to the real thing... like mashed cauliflower instead of mashed potatoes - and NoOodles, these awesome noodles made of yams! Oh, and the brand Healthy Life sells bread that's only 5 net carbs... not too shabby :)
  • Jannat89
    Options
    I'm a carbaholic too!! lol i suggest if you plan to have pasta for dinner, cut down on the carb at breakfast, for example instead of cereal have a small fruit and hard boiled egg. Anyway i've just started the road map method of diet today, i hope it works ;)
  • lockmand
    lockmand Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Oh, dear love carbs and have cut back a lot by giving up wheat after reading the book "Wheat Belly".
    I started out with 91lbs to loose, and have lost 39. I hit a plateau and stood at a 37 lb loss forever it seemed,
    but recently added a bit more exercise and finally broke the plateau, now to get on with it! Weighing in at 198 as I
    begin here at myfitness. My goal is 145.
    JenHanke, thanks for the tips on some low carb items to try. The cauliflower I know I will like, but need to look
    for the other items. Do you shop at a certain grocery or health food store?
    So glad to find this place so I can track my calories and calorie burn...Good luck everyone!
    Lockmand
  • realnurse26
    realnurse26 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Two of my biggest weaknesses are pasta... and potatoes!!!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Two of my biggest weaknesses are pasta... and potatoes!!!

Those are good carbs, so you're in the clear
  • realnurse26
    realnurse26 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid they way I like them prepared couldn't possibly be considered good... lol.