Darwin at work here.
  • msweetalex
    msweetalex Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Ok bmqbonnie really!! The kind that I have doesn't have any hormones any
  • Docmahi
    Docmahi Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    **gets popcorn and chair** this is gonna be good. In before the lock.

^this
  • DanceFittDiva
    DanceFittDiva Posts: 83 Member
    Options

What kind do you have???
  • elewellen
    elewellen Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    The HCG is a hormone found in pregnancy excreted in the urine. This hormone is not unsafe. The diet you follow with it is. I wish u success my friend. Do not listen to negative comments. We have all tried things that failed. That is why we are here:)
  • Docmahi
    Docmahi Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options

oh god i hope you are kidding *facepalm*
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options

^this
    Woohoo! Can you pass me the popcorn? I brought beers, who wants one?
  • tryclyn
    tryclyn Posts: 2,414 Member
    Options

The hormone, human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG), is detected in urine and blood pregnancy tests.
  • RikkiDominey
    RikkiDominey Posts: 134 Member
    Options

:noway:

HCG is a homeopathic drug. HCG is a hormone that is produced by the human placenta during pregnancy!!
    HCG is approved by FDA as a prescription drug for the treatment of female infertility, and other medical conditions. It is not approved for weight loss. In fact, the prescription drug label notes there “is no substantial evidence that it increases weight loss beyond that resulting from caloric restriction, that it causes a more attractive or ‘normal’ distribution of fat, or that it decreases the hunger and discomfort associated with calorie-restricted diets.”

HCG is not approved for OTC sale for any purpose.

I was once very blind to this also so I understand you may feel as though you are being attacked by everyone. It is solely for your main benefit though and you should look and dig deeper into your research.
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Maybe you mean it's synthetic? I take synthetic progesterone for birth control, but it's still a hormone and functions like one.

It's not the hormone itself that is the issue. If you enjoy wasting money, take all the hCG you want. All that's really going to happen is that you'll have a positive pregnancy test. But it's not going to make you thinner. Eating 500 cals a day will, but it also won't keep it off unless you plan on doing it forever (which will eventually probably kill you, but hey who cares right?).

hCG is there to prevent your body from rejecting the embryo and to keep up the lining. Not so that you can live on 500 cals a day. Some women do go through a period of eating about that due to severe morning sickness and it's okay only because it's short term, not because of some majickal hormone.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    About "attacks."

I caught my kid playing with matches. I yelled. I punished him. I "attacked" him. Later, I had a reasonable conversation with him about the danger he put himself and others in.

First though, I "attacked" him because I was afraid for him and I wanted to make a serious impression.
  • lnsy613
    Options
    Please, please, please do not do this to yourself!!! I went on HCG twice - yes, I lost weight, 20+ lbs, but I compromised my health to get there. Because of the lower calorie intake, I was not getting the vitamins and minerals my body needed to survive. I began to lose my hair and had a higher risk of infections. This lead to a year long battle with staph infection and sickness. It has taken 2 years and many visits to the doctor for me to feel normal - where my body doesn't ache. My scars from staph are fading and yes, I've gained some of that weight back but I'm dealing with that the right way.

I had to learn the hard way that there are absolutely no short cuts in weight loss. Please learn from my mistake.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
  • SwimFan1981
    SwimFan1981 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    please look at all the people saying this is a terrible idea. They aren't "haters" they are intellegent people who have done research, or worse have very sad stories to tell after their encounters.
  • SlickFootAnna
    SlickFootAnna Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Motivate each other to drink preggo pee??

Come here girly...

1073_1337797666.gif
  • HotCuppaJo
    HotCuppaJo Posts: 477 Member
    Options

^this
    Woohoo! Can you pass me the popcorn? I brought beers, who wants one?

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: I'm in for beer and popcorn, my friend. ALWAYS. :bigsmile:
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    no
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Review studies refuting the HCG diet have been published in the Journal of the American Medical Association and the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition,[32] both concluding that hCG is neither safe nor effective as a weight-loss aid.

Those are reliable sources. Sites that sell hCG are not.

I might add that the proper way to write it out is hCG (human Chorionic Gonadotropin, to differentiate from eCG or equine Chorionic Gonadotropin) so sites that sell "HCG' might be ones to avoid, for starters.
This discussion has been closed.