Any 5'2" ladies please help me with this

Options

Replies

• LissaK1981
    LissaK1981 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Hi, welcome to mfp. I am 5'3 trying to get to about 140ish for now. I am 212 and in a size16/18 pant right now. When I was at 123lbs I wore a 5/7 depending on the jeans and small tops. I was extremely fit from working construction as a pile driver. (freeway bridge construction)
  • miss_magzy
    miss_magzy Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2 163 and wear size 8/10. In my default I am wearing a size 8 dress which is a bit tight as you can see. When i was 199 i wore a size 14/16. I guess you would say I have a curvy shape? I tend to hold on to weight all over not just one area. My arms and legs are the last to lose the inches though! Blah! My goal is 125 but I am aiming for 135 for my wedding. Good luck!! You can do this!
  • Chloe0602
    Chloe0602 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5'2" and currently 125-126. I can wear anything from an Express size 4 to a brand from Kohls (juniors) size 9 pants and usually a medium top.
  • hummingbird71
    hummingbird71 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!! I am about 5'2" - 5'-3". My SW was 235 wearing size 20. CW is 185 and wearing 12/14. I have some size 12 pants and some size 14, but my 12's are a wee bit snug and my 14's, will I gotta roll down the waist to get them to fit. Inbetween sucks! I wear a size 12 top/jacket (L) - large frame here too, as well as "dense". When asked for someone to guess my weight they are ALWAYS under and sometimes about 30 pounds less then what I actually weigh. Guess this means I carry my weight well huh? I want ot carry it all the way to the dump and drop it off! Feel free to add me if you are looking for friends!
  • juliebeannn
    juliebeannn Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'3"
    HW: 170-175, size 10-12 pant/dress, M-L top.
    CW: 135 (23.5% body fat) and wear 4 pant, 2 dress, XS top.
    GW: 125 & 18% body fat

what one size and weight might be right for one person, might not be right for you. make your weight loss goals right for YOU. start w/ smaller goals (10-20lb increments) and re-assess as you get closer to the body you want.

good luck!
  • LadyYamura
    LadyYamura Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and weight 123 now. I am small framed (5" wrist). I am happy with anything between 115 and 130, really, as long as I am fit (which I am still working on - so I actually expect to gain a few pounds over the next few months).
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I just remeasured myself, I'm not 5'2.5 I'm 5'1.
  • Gin66
    Gin66 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 2.5". I am now at 175lbs, but my goal is 155lbs. I met that goal a couple years ago but gained 25lbs in 2012. !55 is a size 10 for me with a med to small top. Just depends on your body type I guess. I like my curves so any smaller and I don't think I would be happy.
  • cprough
    Options
    I am 5'2" when I lost weight and weighed 145, I wore a size 8. and small scrubs. I did get into one size 6 jeans, but comfortably a 8.
  • marinemomx2
    marinemomx2 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I am just under 5'2 and started at about 188 lbs and wore a size 16 in pants and XL in tops. I am now 121 and wear a size 4 in pants and a S in tops. Good luck and I love that you and your husband are doing this together :smile:
  • LadyYamura
    LadyYamura Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for giving me an idea of what to kind of expect. Like many of you said, it all depends on your body type. I don't know if I will have curves and hips or if I will be straight as a pin, but I now know what to expect. Thank you all for your encouragement as well. If you would like to add me as a friend, go right ahead, I need all of the motivation and support I can get. This will be a long journey, with hopefully the outcome of being healthy, living longer and being able to do things I would have never thought possible.:smile:
  • Play_outside
    Play_outside Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Yeah I think it all depends, especially on how much muscle you have. I am 5'2 and right now 186lbs and I fit mostly comfortably in a 12 although there are a couple of pairs or pants that I can almost pull over my hips without undoing. I'm an XL shirt, too broad across the shoulders but fits my chest. I have pretty fat arms though, I think my arms and thighs are bigger than a lot of people the same size as me (but maybe I'm just self conscious haha!) I am wearing a pair of pants now, that fit me when I was 10-15lbs lighter about 5 years ago. These same pants will be too big then (and they are not stretched out, as they are a new pair-I then got too fat for them LOL). I'm wearing a sz 32 jean now. I wore a 25 waist jean and was a sz 0/2 at 115lbs in high school (too small for my liking!), but usually buying bigger shirts for my bust. When I was about 120-125lbs I was a size 4-6, and a 26-27 waist jean. When I was 150lbs some years ago I was a size 9 and I think a 30 waist jeans.
  • significance
    significance Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    This "photographic height/weight" chart is really interesting: http://www.cockeyed.com/photos/bodies/heightweight.html
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2, currently around 200-ish, and I wear a 14 in pants and a L or XL in shirts depending on where I buy them
  • DebbieKay2424
    Options
    I am 5'2" also large boned. When I weighed 135 pounds I was a size 10.
  • tlish2014
    Options
    Bump
  • emilymoss456
    Options
    wow! you are so great!! you look amazing!
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I was 5'2" but since I got old I am now 5'1". I started where you did, wearing a tight size 20 jean. I now comfortably fit a size 18 jean after losing 43 pounds. Stick with MFP. It does work. It has helped me to not gain this winter, which was an annual pattern for me. I have seasonal depression. Even if I had a bad day, or a bad week, I was motivated to keep trying with the support here. I have no idea what sizes are like now. I do know that was used to be a size 10 is now a size 4 or 6. Clothing manufacturers have made sizes bigger to make women feel better so they buy more clothes. Just pay attention to how you look and feel and throw out the scale- it is not a good indicator of progress! Inches and muscle tone!
  • riveraphx
    riveraphx Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    5'2" as well. When I was 130 I wore a size 6/8, at 150 I wear a 10.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!