3 Day Military Diet

Options
Has anyone tried this? I have my doubts about it. I think it's only about 1000 cals per day, but I could be wrong.

Replies

• 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    No one in the military actually does the 3 Day "Military" diet.
  • MallorieGreiner
    MallorieGreiner Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    It's silly.
    I did a "10 pounds in 7 Days" and was super obnoxiously irritable.
    You don't lose fat from this "Military Diet," if anything, it's water weight and it's a pain.
    It's not even really endorsed or whatever by the military.
  • Jubee31
    Jubee31 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Ha, I tried it last year. Don't bother. I was STARVING and light-headed in the middle of day 2, and only lost 3 pounds (water weight I'm guessing). Then gained it all back when I started eating.

It did nothing for me. After doing MFP for a week, this has been so much better. I don't recommend the 3 day diet.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    It's silly.
    I did a "10 pounds in 7 Days" and was super obnoxiously irritable.
    You don't lose fat from this "Military Diet," if anything, it's water weight and it's a pain.
    It's not even really endorsed or whatever by the military.

This. You won't lose any real fat doing this type of thing, mostly water weight. When you go back to eating normally your body will replenish the water lost and you'll "gain" everything you lost back.
  • Kimistry_
    Options
    Thanks, all! Yes, this is pretty much what I figured, but I wanted to check and see if there happened to be anyone who did it and could relate their experience for sure. I'll definitely stick with MFP
  • SamanthaRuzicka
    SamanthaRuzicka Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I use MFP regularly and am doing the 3 day diet right now. Yes you will probably gain it right back if your not counting calories. I am doing it to throw my body off since after counting calories so much I tend to hit a plateau. I expect to loose 3-6lbs however I'm use to doing this so I know that after my 3 days when I start back to calorie tracking I will definitely see an increase loss over this next week or so.
  • indiebreadkid
    indiebreadkid Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I actually did this last week and lost 4lbs, didn't gain it back.
    Im doing it now again as we speak.

If you read what you're supposed to do on it you'll see that you are supposed to exercise and drink LOTS of water on it.
    I wasn't hungry at all on it.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I always find it humorous when they call these "military diet" or "marine commando" diet or whatever. When I was in the Marines I ate upwards of 3,500 calories per day at least...probably closer to 4,000 and trained my friggin' *kitten* off. Hell, one MRE has about 2,500 calories. Makes me chuckle.