New Year - New Me

Options
Hello!

A little backstory..

About 6 years ago, I was training to kickbox competitively. I was running up to 30 miles a week and I was at the gym twice a day 6 days a week. As will happen, life took an unscheduled turn and in 3 years I put on 70 pounds. Yes, 70.

In 8 months, I lost 45 pounds and was ecstatic. But I did it the unhealthy way and I have put 15 back on since May. So here we go again...

I am determined to take off the weight in a healthy, slow manner and work my way back into fighting shape. I don't want to compete anymore (I'll be 34 in May and have no interest in getting my face smashed by some 20 -something with an attitude).

So on January 14th, I started my new "diet" (just healthier eating), and have taken off 4 pounds. I plan on starting to walk a couple miles a day for the next month until March 5th when I will start kickboxing up again. I would also like to train for a 5K, but I'm not doing that right away as I don't want to go too much too soon and quit before I get anywhere.

I took my before pictures and my measurements this morning and here they are for ya'll in MFP world to see.

Day 1 - February 5th

Upper Arm – 14
Chest – 45
Under Chest - 38
Waist – 39
Hips – 45.5
Thigh – 26.5

(EDIT) I wanted to post my pictures... but can't figure out how... can anyone help? Thanks!

Replies

• GoneKona
    Options
    Cool! Welcome back! Why did you stop fighting?
  • amy_lynn_522
    amy_lynn_522 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Unexpected pregnancy :smile:
  • hollyjjohnson
    hollyjjohnson Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you on the New Healthier You! I can imagine how hard it was to make that first step after "being off your routine" and having gained 70 lbs. I will cheer for you along the way as you start this journey toward a healthier life.

For me -- it was seeing a picture of me in some shorts and a t-shirt. I thought, "that couldn't POSSIBLY be me!" Yep -- it was. I haven't lost a lot of weight, but I'm starting to see small changes in my body. I have to remind myself to be patient -- it's gonna take a while!
  • GoneKona
    Options
    Unexpected pregnancy :smile:

That'll do it every time. Well, hop back in the saddle (or the ring, as it were) and rock on!
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the journey! Feel free to add me as a friend.

As of pictures, I normally use photobucket and they have a link you can copy then you put link (no spaces) and it should work.
  • amy_lynn_522
    Options
    Best of luck to you on the New Healthier You! I can imagine how hard it was to make that first step after "being off your routine" and having gained 70 lbs. I will cheer for you along the way as you start this journey toward a healthier life.

For me -- it was seeing a picture of me in some shorts and a t-shirt. I thought, "that couldn't POSSIBLY be me!" Yep -- it was. I haven't lost a lot of weight, but I'm starting to see small changes in my body. I have to remind myself to be patient -- it's gonna take a while!

Mine was tipping the scale at 232 (I'm at 198 now). My goal is to get back into shorts. I haven't worn anything longer than a capri in years (and I used to love mini skirts).

I don't have a time line I want to do it in or anything but my goal is 38 more pounds (down to 160). At 5-6, I look nice and healthy at 160.

If I want to fight I have to get to 145 and in all honesty, I'm not really wanting to go that far into things at this point.
  • Jlledonne
    Options
    Hey! Feel free to add me... I always need encouragement!
  • amy_lynn_522
    Options
    Hello!

A little backstory..

About 6 years ago, I was training to kickbox competitively. I was running up to 30 miles a week and I was at the gym twice a day 6 days a week. As will happen, life took an unscheduled turn and in 3 years I put on 70 pounds. Yes, 70.

In 8 months, I lost 45 pounds and was ecstatic. But I did it the unhealthy way and I have put 15 back on since May. So here we go again...

I am determined to take off the weight in a healthy, slow manner and work my way back into fighting shape. I don't want to compete anymore (I'll be 34 in May and have no interest in getting my face smashed by some 20 -something with an attitude).

So on January 14th, I started my new "diet" (just healthier eating), and have taken off 4 pounds. I plan on starting to walk a couple miles a day for the next month until March 5th when I will start kickboxing up again. I would also like to train for a 5K, but I'm not doing that right away as I don't want to go too much too soon and quit before I get anywhere.

I took my before pictures and my measurements this morning and here they are for ya'll in MFP world to see.

Day 1 - February 5th

Upper Arm – 14
    Chest – 45
    Under Chest - 38
    Waist – 39
    Hips – 45.5
    Thigh – 26.5

(EDIT) I wanted to post my pictures... but can't figure out how... can anyone help? Thanks!

Hopefully this works - here are my Day 1 photos...

13_02_05Day1Front_zpsd314aa2f.jpg

13_02_05Day1Side_zps1b5c87f7.jpg

13_02_05Day1Back_zps6dcb6306.jpg