Starting my journey to a better healthier life

Options
Hello,

Well as you can see I just signup to this site in hopes that it will help me learn how to manage my food intake and excersise so I can lose weight. I have always been a heavy girl, however in the past 6 years I put on 150 plus pound almost double my weight. I have tried several types of weight lose pills and have lost a few pound but have gain them back faster then I lost them. I am 33 years old and have 4 beutiful children that I would like to see growup, I current have no health issues at all but hows to say that I wont have them in the future if I don't make a change. I work and go to scholl so I don not have much time to go to the gym. I work in Medical billing so I seat in front of a computer all day.

This time around it will be differant I am going to put 110% into losing the weight the right way by learning how to eat and how to squeeze in some excersise whenever I have time. My husband and children are supporting me 100% and are willing to change their eating habits also.

Replies

• felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    whatever you do....don't stop believing.
  • audra0831
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend. We can support each other! :flowerforyou:
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!! :bigsmile:
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    You're starting at the best point you can do it just stick with it.
  • scastillo06
    Options
    Good for you for making the change. That's awesome that your husband and children are making the change too, that will help out. Feel free to add me for support :-)
  • parrotlady66
    Options
    Hey congratualtions for joining .. I think you will enjoy the site and you learn a lot
    you say your at your job you sit in front of a computer all so do I but any little effort at walking to get things or go places
    makes a big difference and it's exercise when out shopping park out farther in the lot there are lots of little things you can do
    cheers to you !!! good luck with your journey
    feel free to add me for support
  • Ange0NZ
    Ange0NZ Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP latraviesa79 :smile:

Good on you! Great to hear that you have such a supportive husband and children who are ready to take the journey with you. I was using Noom before I came here but it was so inaccurate with the calorie count of food that I had to find something else. So glad that I found MFP. With the tools here, I can keep eating the foods that I like but the food database helps me to manage my portions and find healthier ingredients to use in my meals. It's fantastic!
  • IntoTheSky
    IntoTheSky Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    whatever you do....don't stop believing.

goTBb.jpg
  • lorac321
    lorac321 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Hello,

A few tips:

Log EVERYTHING you eat. You'll be amazed at what you have been putting into your body, I was.

Drink lots of water and only water counts as water.

Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Everyone has an opinion ~ if you make a post be ready to hear them all

Set a goal. It could be pounds, a smaller size of shirt, anything. Once you reach that goal, set another.

Walk or take the stairs as often as you can. Anytime sitting in front of the TV could be time that you could be working out. What's more important?

There are many more, but I'll stop here.

Best of luck to you.
  • gianamicole
    gianamicole Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Anyone can feel free to add me :)
  • Danni1585
    Danni1585 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you want. Trust in MFP, spend time on the threads, be inspired, educate yourself and pick up tips etc. don't give up, we won't judge you and after 5 weeks I feel so much more positive and better in my health. Tracking your cals is key x good luck
  • ssb1662
    Options
    Here is tons of encouragement and support!
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Just remember the level of commitment that you have right now, and KEEP it!! Your story sounds a lot like mine. I have 4 children, and was very overweight (morbidly obese). It finally occured to me that if I did not make some serious changes, my health would begin to fall apart, and I got scared. I decided that it was time to make real changes. That was 10 months ago, and I feel like a new person. I sitll have weight to lose, but I will do it. You can do this, you just have to keep wanting it like you do right now.
  • River__Song
    River__Song Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!!!
  • raederr
    Options
    great advice. you say only water counts as water. if you add the crystal lite peach tea powder to your water, does that count as water too? i don't see why not but my mom says no. i would count the 5 calories. thanks rae
  • mrsjas2000
    mrsjas2000 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    anyone can add me the more support the better for this journey