Motivation ideas

Options
Hello, I was wondering what motivates you to stay strong and not binge on food or to get motivated to go to the gym when you would rather go home and curl up in bed? I have a couple things that are motivating me right now but I feel like I don't get a lot of support at home.

Replies

• samynmikey
    Options
    you should try getting coworkers and friends involved in a weight loss challenge...We just started our motivation challenge at work and everyone seems to be very exited.. I'm sure this can also work for you...best of luck and don't give up
  • ashleyShades
    ashleyShades Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    you should try getting coworkers and friends involved in a weight loss challenge...We just started our motivation challenge at work and everyone seems to be very exited.. I'm sure this can also work for you...best of luck and don't give up

Thank you!
  • jamiek917
    jamiek917 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    For some people- having a "fat picture" of yourself with you is a good motivator- take it out when u feel the urge to binge or skip workouts
  • ashleyShades
    Options
    I like the fat picture idea lol
  • Lemornhamilton
    Options
    I used to have a really bad problem with binge eating like almost everyday but now I've finally recovered from it by eating every 3 hours 1400 cals a day and 5 meals a day, best thing I've ever done!!!! Trust me, give it a go and ull never feel hungry again, ESP if u eat plenty of protein and fiber every meal :)
  • oh_em_gee
    oh_em_gee Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    For some people- having a "fat picture" of yourself with you is a good motivator- take it out when u feel the urge to binge or skip workouts

Mine is the opposite. I have a tattoo on my hip that I got when I weighed 135 pounds, and the picture I took of it shows off my great abs. I want to get back to that weight and be even stronger than I was then (skinny fat)
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I like to buy my new clothes in at least 1 size smaller. This gives me something to work towards and motivates me to keep going as I really hate watching new clothes hang in the closet.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I have classes that I really like and really cute gym clothes. It's social and fun.
  • CGPrincessWarrior
    CGPrincessWarrior Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    my engagement ring :D
  • Rum_Runner
    Rum_Runner Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Buy a "goal outfit" and hang it on your closet to remind yourself each day.

Workout with a friend/co-worker to help hold yourself accountable

Put sticky notes around the house to help motivate, inspire and support yourself

Reward yourself with little NSV's or specific goals
  • ashleyShades
    Options
    I have a sticky note at my desk that says "You are not a dog. Do not reward yourself with food."
  • robertpleasants5
    Options
    mine is being able to keep up with my 6yr old grandson,i do more each time i see him...
  • ashleyShades
    Options
    Awesome ideas!
  • Amordeca
    Options
    ~I want to be a mom sometime in the future. yea that may be 5 or more years from now but in the time being I want to get fit and healthy so
    1 . I have a healthy pregnancy
    2. I'll be around for future mini me's .

~I want to be confident in my own skin, I get motivated by thinking how amazing I'll look a year from now if I kept trying and how awful I'd feel if I just gave up now.

~There's this site where I can see what I would look like thinner. I say it's pretty good at making you look thin compared to other sites. I now have a motivational picture of myself

Here's the site .. http://makeovr.com/weightmirror/
  • ashleyShades
    Options
    ~I want to be a mom sometime in the future. yea that may be 5 or more years from now but in the time being I want to get fit and healthy so
    1 . I have a healthy pregnancy
    2. I'll be around for future mini me's .

~I want to be confident in my own skin, I get motivated by thinking how amazing I'll look a year from now if I kept trying and how awful I'd feel if I just gave up now.

~There's this site where I can see what I would look like thinner. I say it's pretty good at making you look thin compared to other sites. I now have a motivational picture of myself

Here's the site .. http://makeovr.com/weightmirror/

Thank you!
  • MrsMelissaHolt
    MrsMelissaHolt Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Accountability partners are the best!
  • pattycakes1978
    pattycakes1978 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I have a sticky note at my desk that says "You are not a dog. Do not reward yourself with food."

This is so true!
  • sarahbakerkipper
    Options
    What motivates me right now is thinking of all the fun summer things that I want to do like camping, conoeing, and swimming. All of these things are going to be so much funner if I lose weight and feel good about myself!
  • loriamcq
    Options

I love that
  • ashleyShades
    Options

I love that

It's so true. I think that from infants we are taught to treat ourselves with food. Potty training with treats. Get a good grade on a test - go to dinner. haha