Zumba or Spinning

xdudeitsliz
xdudeitsliz Posts: 38
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
I'm trying to figure out what to do tonight for cross training. Zumba or Spinning. I haven't done either in a long time and it sounds like a good idea since i now have time to do these things.. I will be a half hour early for both so I was thinking doing half hour on a spin bike then doing zumba. What are your take? I really do not care about calories burned.. so I was just wondering whats better for cross training on your non-running day.
Thanks guys!

Replies

• leslie626
    leslie626 Posts: 12
    I'd say do the Zumba. You are working more muscle groups!! Have fun!:happy:
  • kltobin2010
    kltobin2010 Posts: 80 Member
    I never tried Zumba but most of my friends do it and LOVE. I have done Spinning and I loved it! I went from 128 lbs to 118 (pre baby) in 2 months and I was toned all over not just my legs but arms, tummy, and back. I'm sure both will help you get what you need out of a workout. Good luck! :smile:
  • keyhallmon
    keyhallmon Posts: 1
    I think a variation of both would be great. I am a spin girl though. I spin 3xs a week!
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,206 Member
    They are both good for days off from running because they use different muscles. Spinning I think is harder... Zumba I think is more fun. :D
  • minnesota
    minnesota Posts: 204 Member
    I enjoy the Spinning as my cross training. The interval workout as really improved my running. Zumba is fun, but I don't know how great it is for cross training. As long as you are doing some other activity besides running I think you are good.

Happy Cross Training! :)
  • thenebean9
    thenebean9 Posts: 216
    I think any cross training will definitely help your running. My mom, who runs a lot (she's done 11 marathons) has joined us recently in our zumba class and she's definitely noticed a difference. She actually ran her best time ever at her last marathon in Boston! I can only speak for zumba when I say it's a lot of fun! I've never done spinning, but I bet that's a great workout too. I like your idea of doing the spin bike then going to zumba class - best of both worlds! good luck :)
  • AngelaBeaulieu
    AngelaBeaulieu Posts: 109 Member
    It all depends on what you put into it. I personally have done both and currently do both favouring Zumba. But calories wise you burn more calories in spinning class. Zumba is awesome and so much fun but its dancing, great for fun and yeah your moving but it only maintains. I didn't notice any weight loss from Zumba and I am a front row kill every song typa girl lol.
    Good luck, just keep moving!!
  • diallor
    diallor Posts: 8
    I'm thinking of trying spinning, but I closed my account at my gym due to not being able to spend the amount of time needed to get a great workout. I read an article recently, stating for an "all over workout" spinning would be a great solution in the least amount of time. What do you think? I really need simply evening cardio without the fuss of everything else. Also, you lost 10 lbs in 2 months(permanent of course), do you think you could have lost more wt during this time if you had................?
  • xdudeitsliz
    xdudeitsliz Posts: 38
    Thanks Everyone-- I ended up doing half hour 1 min sprints / 2 min regular speed sprints on the elliptical followed by half hour on the spin bike with different difficulties! Was hard-- I am so used to running lol
  • I would say Spinning, much harder workout and you burn more calories :smile:
  • diallor
    diallor Posts: 8
    Okay, I'll sign up again, except try to go during lunch instead of after hours. Too much hassle wtihe the kids and traffic.
This discussion has been closed.