Raspberry Ketones and Green Coffee Bean

Options
I am hearing a lot about Raspberry Ketones and Green Coffee Bean helping with weight loss especially for those who are already eating right and exercising but certain hormones doing their job such taking the fat and using it as fuel to kick the weight loss in gear and start making the numbers on the scale get lower at the rate that it should based on the amount of exercise and dietary intake. Are these worth the try?

Replies

• AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Save your money and read this.

http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/medical_examiner/2013/01/
    can_you_trust_dr_oz_his_medical_advice_often_conflicts_with_the_best_science.html
  • YAYJules
    YAYJules Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    If you have money burning a hole in your pocket, give it a try. I don't think it will do anything that sensible diet and exercise wouldn't do though.
  • saminmio
    saminmio Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I bought the rasberry ketones - save your money.
  • lynn14
    lynn14 Posts: 116
    Options
    Bought the ketones...save your money. I was desperate, I'll I needed was time to be healthy.
  • moonbai
    Options
    Thanks I was just wondering was it worth it even though the reviews were mixed with people who used them and were already on a workout and nutrition plan
  • moonbai
    Options
    I meant the reviews from other sites like amazon and others where they can be purchased
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    They obviously worked for Oprah...
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Turn off Dr. Oz - he's a total quack. Anything he endorses is pretty much a quick way to make your wallet lighter - not your body.
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Inb4 epic gifs
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    They obviously worked for Oprah...

Hmfph! She has a personal chef and a personal trainer. Why does she need raspberry ketones?
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Turn off Dr. Oz - he's a total quack. Anything he endorses is pretty much a quick way to make your wallet lighter...

...and his heavier. I always wonder if he has private deals with companies that supply the junk he promotes.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    I meant the reviews from other sites like amazon and others where they can be purchased
    Most of the good reviews are "shills" - either people who were paid to write them, or people who work for the company.

The "supplements" are a rip-off. If they worked, everybody would be taking them and nobody would be overweight. Notice how you always see them recommended "along with a sensible diet and exercise program"? Yeah - it's the "sensible diet and exercise program" that does the work, not some 'magic pill' recommended by a television quack snake oil salesman.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    no
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Are these worth the try?
    tumblr_mb4p56YgHZ1rfja63o1_500.gif
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Are these worth the try?
    tumblr_mb4p56YgHZ1rfja63o1_500.gif

BWahhahhahaa!!!!!
  • moonbai
    Options
    Should I still use protein powders as a good supplement to make sure I get in my daily protein without the extra fat from other food sources such as meat and cheese and dairy?.....I already start my day with an egg and 6 Tbsp of egg whites. and a couple of slices of turkey bacon or high protein cereal.
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    gazelle-eating-popcorn.gif
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Should I still use protein powders as a good supplement to make sure I get in my daily protein without the extra fat from other food sources such as meat and cheese and dairy?.....I already start my day with an egg and 6 Tbsp of egg whites. and a couple of slices of turkey bacon or high protein cereal.

Don't be afraid of fat ... your body requires it to run. You'll find all sorts of opinions about cheese/dairy on this site, but personally I say if they fit in your macros, don't give them up. They're very tasty :smile:
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Nothing can substitue learning to live a healthy life style and eat a healthy diet.

It will do nothing for teaching you to moderate consumption.
  • jdx301
    jdx301 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Don't trust the oz when it comes to supplements.

Better off doing your own research. Though if your diet is in check, there are plenty of great thermogetics out there. One i love is Dexaprine, though it may be too stim heavy for most people. Stacking Lean xtreme with a thermo is also a great option.

Lots of options out there. Use google. Anabolic minds and Bodybuilding.com forums are great options to look for reviews and opinions of certain supplements.